C&C or Schofields????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

OK... i have a list of panels needed, as long as my arm (im part gorilla :p, ouch sore knuckles)

Schofields or C&C, i'm asking about C&C as i got a nice new catalogue today and its nice and easy to see and read. They have lots of genuine stuff for resonable prices although they do seem a tad more expensive on the whole.

Experiences and opinions welcomed, please :D

Well I am told Schofields is always best, but I have never got any repair panels yet, I know the guy is nice and helpfully :D

I've never dealt with C&C so can't comment on them. However, used repair panels from Heritage, JK and Schofields I'd definately say Schofields are the best of that lot.

i ordered a catalogue from Schofileds but they didnt put enough postage on it :?

The PO wanted me to pay the postage plus the £1 handling charge so i told them to send it back. Guess i'll try again.

i have always used schofields 8)

I got some stuff from VW heritage,they left out two parts from the order and put in a beetle heater channel repair plate instead,I wasn't impressed by the quality of the front wheel arches either.They did offer to take them back though and sent me the missing items quickly.I've now ordered another batch of stuff from schofields they seem much better.The Schofields website is a bit slow and hard to follow so I've asked for a catalogue now.But if you phone them they are helpful anyway.

Schofield have been alright with us at work. If you have the option its worth going for the better quality panels.

I used Schofields panels for all of the van as they're the better of the repro ones and delivered quickly :D Mind you if C&C has some original or NOS then go with them although they're a nightmare for posting stuff out :roll:

I've known Alan a very long time ( Schofields ) as far back as the day he
started out on VW's on his own and have watched his business grow over the years , well done mate.
and watched the price of vans rocket , oh why didn't I keep it :oops:

seriously folks , Alan ( and his team ) are about as straight and honest as they come and thats gospel not bullshit

so IMHO its "Schofields" for me and anyone else :wink:

sucram said:
I've purchased parts from both suppliers and we've found them as good as each other.

I bought some rubbers from C&C last year, they came all split and perished. I phoned and complained, they sent me a refund and a letter saying that the quality of the rubbers they sell aren't very good and if I sent them £70 I could have the better quality ones they don't list in their catalogue. Bad news.

I have pretty much stopped using C & C as they claim a lot of their stuff to be genuine and when it turns up it's just repro crap... i believe they are not enthusiasts just business people and will say anything to get a sale... that's my personal experience anyway.

Schofield is ok but pricey and not so good for me as he doesn't do trade disscount, how ever much i buy. I also know for a fact that he buys a lot of his panels from a certain UK company and re labels them as his own... the only other gripe is that he still powder coats some of his panels which is the worsed thing to do to a panel whis is underneath as one it starts to flake the water gets in between the metal and plastic and causes serious rust fast!

VW heritage don't stock so much but there prices are very reasonable so i'd try them first... and then get what you can't from them from Schofield.

Thanks for the replies. I've heard nothing but good things (both on here and elswhere) about Alan at schofields, so i think if they can get me a catalogue out this time ill be buying from them.

make a list of the bits you want and ring schofields with it, then meet him at the next show and you get to save on all that postage. also his staff are great for advice. whenever im stuck, i dig around on my workshop floor and theres always a bit of selotape with their number on it kicking around.
they always give honest advice and have saved me a great deal of extra graft.

Latest posts