California White 69 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bus came new TMI door cards, new TMI seat covers and new mustard covers for the rear. So the interior has come out tonight and been passed to Ant from Dubholstery to be retrimmed. Should all be going back in towards the end of next week :)

I'll post some pictures up when it's all done

Cheers

jay dee 101 said:
Fitted a set of flat 4 sprintstars and a set of nos headlights with nos yellow hella lenses :D

Does anyone have any tips for taking the back wheels off? I struggled and had to deflate them to have any chance..........

I hope you all like the new look.......

John, to get the rear wheels off just undo the rear shock (17mm bolt/nut), the wheel will just drop right down out of the arch. Easy.

Keep me posted with pictures....it is great to see her being treated nice.

Cheers Jon.

The interior went back in last night. All seat retrimmed and new front door cards. I'm chuffed with the quality of the work by Ant at Dubholstery.

I'll get some pictures up over the next few day..........

:D :D :D

Here are a few before shots of the interior -

Small rip in the drivers seat

Front door panels had speakers cut into them

Rear seat ahd a small rip in the lower part

Buddy seat top part had come away from the press studs at the top

Apart from those areas the rest of the seat covers were in pretty good shape :)

New interior shots - (i'm very happy with how this has turned out :D )

The continental bed in covered in white / cream vinyl and Ant at Dubholstery recons he can get a match to the rest of the interior, so next job is to have that re-trimmed to match.

Cheers Jon......A few more little jobs to report -

Started to polish up the louvered windows, bought a polishing kit of ebay as suggested by Dale, I recon it will be 30 hours to do both sides, so its going to be a couple of hours at a time. Heres the progress on one side after about 8 hours

The bus also came with Wolfsurg West front and real seals with metal inserts, managed to get the rear fitted, very happy with how this looks :) -

I think the front will be a while off as I want to do some repairs to the scuttle when the window is out..........

Went for a quick drive out to the Tatton Park classic show last weekend with the brother in law in his 1978 Jeep CJ7 that he's been doing a roling resto on for the last 13 years -

Cool rides 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Whats the width of your wheels and offsets ? Have you've still got your old door cards ? There in allot better nick than mine :lol:

Hi trebor, the wheels are the flat 4 sprintstars, 5" width, sorry not too sure on the offsets..........I'm running CSP discs on the front and I did have to change the wheels studs to CSP 60mm rather than the standard CSP 50mm.

Yes I still have the door cards, I'm not sure if you can tell on the pictures but they have been cut for speakers. I still have the speakers (alpine from memory) as well if you just wanted to fit them to fill the hole. I'm unsure if they still work.

I also still have the full interior cover set, I've tried to show a few pictures of the worse areas in previous posts above.

Let me know if you are interested. I don't mind the door cards going but I'd like all the mustard covers going as a set.

I also still have the seat covers for both front seats.

Cheers

Lovely bus, looks great on the Spints. What did you do with the Speedmasters you took off, if you've still got them, would you sell them?

A few updates to report -

Fitted a new rear window seal with delux metal trim -

Also fitted chrome trims to the front air vents -

Managed to pick up a paiir of nos yellow fog lamps to go with the headlights and fiited a butty's bits accelerator linkage -

Last weekend I took a 300 mile round trip to the Grand Prix at Silverstone and she never missed a beat - although it was interesting driving in high winds................ :eek: :eek: :eek:

Putting her to good use ;) -

Latest posts