Camper Jam - Jul 1,2,3 2016 - Early Bay DISPLAY!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marshy:
re camping with EB ... your vehicle pass will say the area you specified but I am sure we can move you without having to tell the GateKeepers or Camping Police...when driving into the showground after the Gate just tell any marshalls that David Eccles asked you to drive to EB camping area as you will be in the EB display and get them to radio me if anyone is a jobsworth! ;)

Just posted this in general as well:

Just been contacted by James Northcott to see if we would put our bus in the 'Special Displays' on Saturday. They are looking for Earlybays to be in the show field from 10.30 -3pm. (only contacted me as we displayed our bus at campermart earlier in the year)

If you are not camping at Camperjam they are offering free days passes if you are prepared to display your vehicle but this offer ends tonight and its for Saturday only. Contact for this is [email protected].

There will be other displays as well so lets make the earlybay one a good one :)

Save us a space in the Earlybay camping, canyt get there until later this evening

Graham L said:
Save us a space in the Earlybay camping, canyt get there until later this evening

Bet you'll beat us there! :lol:

yes thanks all
Winner of the Early Bay special award this year: Mark Evans 1969 Deluxe

Great display guys and a worthy winner Mark Evans, beautiful bus...many congrats!!!

A great weekend in all, really enjoyed it! only downer of the whole weekend was the fact some w**ker/s decided to slash David Eccles tyres on Saturday at some point..... not just 1 but all 4!!!
Luckily the VW community and some generous T5 owners pulled together and got him home on some spares.

Foz said:
Great display guys and a worthy winner Mark Evans, beautiful bus...many congrats!!!

A great weekend in all, really enjoyed it! only downer of the whole weekend was the fact some w**ker/s decided to slash David Eccles tyres on Saturday at some point..... not just 1 but all 4!!!
Luckily the VW community and some generous T5 owners pulled together and got him home on some spares.

Again congratulations Mark Evans - what a cracker!
Clare and I haven't visited CamperJam - after reading the reports over a few forums regarding the thefts, appalling toilets (public apology issued), poor security and now wanton vandalism I'm not sure its a show we would choose to go to next year. Sounds to us like its gone the way of DrugJam and Harewood House and has been a victim of its own success with lots of peeps arriving in transits and using it as an excuse to go crazy.
Even a pic (stolen from the late bay) of a discarded sofa left "By a pikey in a non vw"

44EF1C90-17E8-43C7-85E3-4F1B7E457EF1_zpskzuos66v.jpg

Please correct me if im wrong - but it doesnt look encouraging from our perspective :?:

Thank Foz and Stu, it was great to win the award i was dead chuffed :D

As far as the show goes Stu it looks like you've only heard about the downsides of this years Camper Jam. I've only been for the last two years and it's been great. In my opinion it's in the most beautiful setting on the show calendar and has a great mix of trade, cars and evening entertainment and is really well attended by the air cooled community. The EB line up on the Saturday is the highlight for me as it puts you in the middle of the show where you can just watch the world go by and talk VWs. :D

The toilets were a shambles this year but the organisers were quick to issue an apology and I'll bet they're immaculate from next year onwards.

I didn't hear that security was an issue and i can only hope that the tyre slashing episode was a horrible isolated incident.

One thing that does need to be sorted out though is the Early Bay camping. Last year we were all together next to the SSVC in the VIP area which worked out really well. This year though when we arrived we were told that there were too many splits and were shown to another EB area further up the hill. This wouldn't have been a problem if we'd all have been told the same but it ended up that some of us were up the hill and some in the VIP area. Not sure how this happened and would be a shame if it wasn't sorted out for next year.

As for the settee being left that was another exception as the rest of the site was left immaculate by the rest of us. the photo below is me and Shawn packing up at about half three and as you can see there's not a single bit of rubbish left (yes, Shawn took his bus with him :lol: )

Sorry to go on but it really is a great show that just needs a few tweaks to make it even better.

Mark

Congrats mark well deserved

Was first year i,ve been to camper jam, i agree with stu. Not to slate the show i still had a great weekend however so much room for improvement.

An i was considering shitting my pants rather than having to use the toilets

Well done Mark 8)

My twopenneth, I love this show and look forward to it every year, think we have done them all bar the first.

Annoyingly as said above the stewards directed the Earlybay campers up the hill, but guys in future make sure the steward contacts David on the radio if need be, I was ushered in that direction but said no and drove on, and there was plenty of room!

As for toilets, I think enough has been said about them.....Joe, Hope you had a clean pair of under crackers with you mate :lol:

I have never witnessed anything untoward, although the argument David Eccles had on the Friday night with someone did wake me up (and contrary to Minty's better half's belief, it WAS NOT me :D ) , I didn't catch what it was about but I imagine it had something to do with 'Tyregate' on Saturday night :?

The best part is that the line-up is central on Saturday meaning you can chill out all day till late before driving back up later 8) Oh and its always sunny :party0023:

Wow, I just heard about Daves tyres ... how awful. There was a noise related issue on Friday but I've no idea if it was linked.

The toilets were subject to a public apology, it must be hard when you rely upon a contractor and the issue is out of your hands .... personally I thought they were ok, but I had just come back from Glastonbury :lol:

As for the rest? Well, everything is subjective of course, but I rate it as one of the friendliest and relaxed shows around. The layout of the entertainment venues and food/drink areas creates a lovely atmosphere and the seperate market/trade area is always busy. Every gathering of people will have an element of problem but they are definately in the minority.

:?

markevo30 said:
As for the settee being left that was another exception as the rest of the site was left immaculate by the rest of us. the photo below is me and Shawn packing up at about half three and as you can see there's not a single bit of rubbish left (yes, Shawn took his bus with him :lol: )

Ouch, that cut me deep that Mark, the fame has gone to your head, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to add my bit about the show........great company, great venue, great vw's. Eveything else i can overlook. Will defo be back next year.

shawn82 said:
markevo30 said:

Ouch, that cut me deep that Mark, the fame has gone to your head, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just to add my bit about the show........great company, great venue, great vw's. Eveything else i can overlook. Will defo be back next year.

Ha Ha, i was wondering if you'd spot it. Just getting you back for the lovely sticker you very generously bought me (and Steve) :lol:

Catch you soon fella

markevo30 said:
Ha Ha, i was wondering if you'd spot it. Just getting you back for the lovely sticker you very generously bought me (and Steve) :lol:

Catch you soon fella

What can i say, im a nice bloke like that. :mrgreen:
Can't wait to see both your's and steve's buses with them stuck in. ;)

Thanks to the VW bus community with loans of steel spares air compressor and loads of time changing stuff etc we got home safe..did not spoil stuff as am left with positivity not negativity..
moral: don't get involved with noisy drunks!
toilets were real bad down our area as well have made that very clear as well to team..
apparently when marking out SSVC had so many EB was moved to Club..first I heard was Fri pm...I will look into what and why
off to Cornwall 5am for off grid time....
thanks guys!

David Eccles said:
yes thanks all
Winner of the Early Bay special award this year: Mark Evans 1969 Deluxe

Well deserved Mark, it is a thing of beauty :D .....Great to meet you too mate 8)

Latest posts