Camping essentials in your buses.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. What's your camping essentials in your buses when you go camping on long or short trips and what modern gadgets etc make camping easier for you folks these days if any ? Its all for my future reference really and not because I'm being a nosey. Honest. Well ok it is the case ha but i am intrigued to see what you folks have. 🤙.

Brilliant pressie was a fast boiling kettle that takes roughly half the time so half the gas. Solar lights and a camp fire. Nescafe in a tub and Nescafé sachets for emergency and run out of milk sort of situations. Corn flakes in a resealable bag, just enough for two or three days. Bananas and easy peelers. Sausages and tins of baked beans. Idahoan mash spud stuff and frozen boil in the bag Cod Mornay. Lots of crisps and Red Leicester mini cheddars.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, ,and of course,,,, plenty of ice cold Stella :) :cool: :)

I bought a chair that you make up with poles. It fits into a small bag about 18 inches long and fits in the rear side locker.
It means I’ve always got at least one chair or an extra one if I take some regular fold up chairs.
CEB69353-FE38-4CB5-A14A-A3AACA0F7A84.jpeg

Trangia Stove, have had one for many years they are the best. Ooh, and a Morrisons carrier bag for when I get caught short needing to go for a poo - too much information? :unsure:

Ade, same game different supermarket plus the addition of a plastic ten litre resealable Cuprinol fence paint bucket. A real good place to store a half a dozen Asda bags when empty. I’ll also mention my Early Bay tracking equipment that’ll get used but those that know will know.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,mucho mucho tooo much info :)

I bought a chair that you make up with poles. It fits into a small bag

This has been a bit of an ongoing disaster for me. I’ve got an old gravity chair that has been repaired more times than Triggers broom and it just isn’t too comfy any more. So I’ve done a bit of research and ended up buying a carp fishing chair that has four adjustable legs and is as sturdy as can be but it takes up a lot of space in the rear of the van , much the same as the gravity chair did. The major downside of this comfy fishing chair is in reality that it’s too rigid. Because it readily is adaptable to any surface and can have one leg six inches higher or lower than the others is a bit of a flaw. If you set it up nicely then wish to move forward or backwards away from the fire a few inches, you then have to reset at least one of the legs, which ain’t that easy by fire light and if Stella’d as well. So you move back a foot then you either get down on your knees to reset a leg or two, or you’ve now got a permanently rocking chair on uneven legs because it’s frame is so rigid.

Ozziedog ,,,,,,,,,,Still looking for the ideal chair. :)

If one is going to drive within 48 hours, I would be inclined to leave the beer and any other alcoholic beverages behind!

As for light-weight portable chairs, here is what I have:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Finlay_Maclaren

2400555.jpg

2400559.jpg

2400557.jpg

We have a 71 Westy, use the spice rack top rack filled with little tubs that stack with tea bags, fruit teas (for the long haired General) coffee, sugar, salt and pepper sachets. I think we havecaround 9 different pots. Bottom mini botties of Worcesteshire, olive oil, mini washing up liquid, bottles of garlic powder and paprica etc

If one is going to drive within 48 hours, I would be inclined to leave the beer and any other alcoholic beverages behind!

As for light-weight portable chairs, here is what I have:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Finlay_Maclaren

2400555.jpg

2400559.jpg

2400557.jpg
Fantastic chairs Nigel, they look wonderful and brightly coloured without being garishly tacky.
Wonderful advice too and so so glad you’ve reminded us so , we’ve adhered to your advice word for word and hardly a drop of alcohol or anything else was consumed during the whole weekend. I may have overdone it slightly with the icy orange squash on the hot day but apart from that we’ve all played rather nicely . You would have appreciated the wonderful bay display we portrayed on the Saturday and the amount of pristine vehicles on the various displays.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,thank you so much for your more than helpful advice :) :rolleyes: :)

We have a 71 Westy, use the spice rack top rack filled with little tubs that stack with tea bags, fruit teas (for the long haired General) coffee, sugar, salt and pepper sachets. I think we havecaround 9 different pots. Bottom mini botties of Worcesteshire, olive oil, mini washing up liquid, bottles of garlic powder and paprica etc
Exactly what I’ve been trying in my old van too. Instead of taking larger containers and using a very small percentage of it, just trying to get somewhere near to what I actually need. my Nescafé for instance was lasting a whole season maybe just needing topping up at the end, but using smaller and more squared containers saves loads of space to carry more crap I spose. But I don’t need three coffee mugs, I don’t need, four plates, etc etc. I’ve counted also how many bottle openers in my van, it’s in double figures, but one has a little torch on it and a tape measure, one has a cork screw, one is in the bottle shape and looks like a coke bottle, one shoots beer caps, one is fitted to my kitchenette (posh innit) and one has a tight cap opener for other bottles etc etc etc. I’ve now just come back from a fab weekend with our lot at the Castle and now I’ve come home I have four chairs! How did that happen? Four chairs,,,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Van looks like the Beverly Hill Billies :ROFLMAO: :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts