Camping gas in France

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blogdroed

Reaction score
Last year in France I wasn't able to buy any Camping gas nor Calor gas and had to borrow a different regulator valve from the campsite which would fit their style of bottles.

Does anyone know what the regulator valves are which will fit the French style bottles and where I can buy a valve before going this year!

Camping gaz international is widely available all over France. Most campsites sell it as do supermarkets and diy places like brico for instance. Thats the whole point of camping gaz international :lol:

Spent a few years in france and its every where, you can get reg adaptors on ebay fairly cheaply

or get a euro LPG adaptor and fill your bottle at the services LPG pump

Trikky2 said:
Camping gaz international is widely available all over France. Most campsites sell it as do supermarkets and diy places like brico for instance. Thats the whole point of camping gaz international :lol:

that's what I thought, which is why I had Camping Gaz as opposed to Calor Gas in the van ... however with a few days left of our four week hols we ran out and I couldn't find any for love nor money in our little part of Normandy :(

Mind you, it didn't help that it was the Assumption of Mary holiday and hardly anywhere was open! :lol:

I knew I'd taken a photo of the valve we borrowed from the campsite ... and I've just found it on my old phone!
The writing says Clesse Butane ... ring any bells?

Latest posts