Car Audio Advise

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubdubz said:
so would a small amp be ok [instead of the alpine power thingy] ?

I have infinity kapppa 6x9's for the back, going to get either some 6x9 JBL GTO's in the front doors [yes these are what I have already- I'm a cheapskate]

is this a rubbish idea? I have a sony headunit as it was the best bluetooth streaming job I could afford....

i see no reason why not BUT make sure any amp you buy will be correct for your speakers

i BELEIVE (but check this) your speakers are http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8838.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and rated RMS 110 watts - 2 ohms (peak is 330w)

so if you want an amp you need to decide if you want it to run ALL FOUR speakers in which case you will need a 4 channel amp or if its going to run just the one pair (2 channel amp is fine OR a 4 channel amp bridged so double power as a 2 channel amp)

the below link would probably do, but make sure, i am know expert - in fact i know very little but this seems to look like it would do.
Your kappas are good speakers so you should get some loverly tunes :D

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8036.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The KTP445 wouldnt be man enough to get the best out your speakers power wise......

a trying to sound like an expert potts :lol:

sorry for the hijack but i see alpine mentinoed alot and im buggered if i can work my head unit lol
i have a alpine cda 9855r head unit which i want to play music thru my mp3player /phone ive connected a ai net cable .one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260480810348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2271wt_1270..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. i obviously connected a twin phono to 3.5 to plug into my phone

but i also have a conection on back for one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260867377080?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1911wt_1270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i can t get any sound do i have the right cable or can anyone give me a run down on howto getsound ,

this headunit has more options than a space shuttle
thanks in advance :?

Johnny said:
I made this for my Vert, Sealed fiberglass subbox. I'll be doing the same for the Devon only different shaped separate pods fr the rear

subbox02-1.jpg

Retrosounds Model One headunit
InPhase 2.4 farad Capacitor
Alpine PDX 1.1000 monoblock subs
Alpine PDX 1.400 mids and highs
Alpine Type-R 1242 12" Subs
Two Alpine Type-R 6x9 two way with tweeters (Rear)
Two Alpine Type-R 5 1/4 two way with tweeters (Front)
Four Alpine Type-X tweeters (Front)
iPod connector/charger in the ashtray

heres a little video of breaking in at about one quarter volume.

[youtube]4CqsF0VOle4[/youtube]

i love the sound, its about 4000W peak. The alpine amps are excellent.

If you want bang for your buck Type-R subs and speakers all the way. The subs will take anything you can throw at them. The amps are pricey as they are Class d digital but they bankg out 1290 RMS for the mono at 4 or 2 ohms. I would go with a cheaper amp and Type-Rs if i was on a budget.

:shock:
im not going to look at anything more you post on this subject johnny - that is just 8) :mrgreen: and makes me want to go and do a load more :roll:

now, im sure i can turn the pop top into some kinda sub chamber :msn4:

a goin on holiday friday potts
(enjoy your break from me fellas :lol: )

pottinger said:
dubdubz said:

I have infinity kapppa 6x9's for the back, going to get either some 6x9 JBL GTO's in the front doors [yes these are what I have already- I'm a cheapskate]

is this a rubbish idea? I have a sony headunit as it was the best bluetooth streaming job I could afford....

i see no reason why not BUT make sure any amp you buy will be correct for your speakers

i BELEIVE (but check this) your speakers are http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8838.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

so if you want an amp you need to decide if you want it to run ALL FOUR speakers in which case you will need a 4 channel amp or if its going to run just the one pair (2 channel amp is fine OR a 4 channel amp bridged so double power as a 2 channel amp)

the below link would probably do, but make sure, i am know expert - in fact i know very little but this seems to look like it would do.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/8036.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The KTP445 wouldnt be man enough to get the best out your speakers power wise......

thanks

my kappas are around mmmm really old think I bought them in 95/96

I was considering amp'ing the rears and just running the fronts off the head unit - guess I need to see what outputs I have on the sony mexbt3700u [I think that's what it is]

I am going away in 9 days so I had better get my skates on...

regards

D

dubdubz said:
pottinger said:
dubdubz said:

thanks

my kappas are around mmmm really old think I bought them in 95/96

I was considering amp'ing the rears and just running the fronts off the head unit - guess I need to see what outputs I have on the sony mexbt3700u [I think that's what it is]

I am going away in 9 days so I had better get my skates on...

regards

D

17 watts rms (52 peak) x4
nearly ALL headunits are 17-25 RMS regardless of make etc etc etc

in that case just buy a 2 channel amp to run the rears job done.
easy and you have muuuuusic :D

a hungry horse potts

just scored a CDE9880R head unit, I will see how this sounds and get the amp if necessary

Cheers Guys

creationblue said:
just scored a CDE9880R head unit, I will see how this sounds and get the amp if necessary

Cheers Guys

cool, just remember the speakers for the headunit alone will only sound as good as near a match power wise RMS.
(25 watt to 30 watt RMS) would be your best match BUT these will not be good for the KTP445 as thats rated
at 45 watt (double the stereo power) and would blow these.

If you buy 50 watt RMS speakers in case you may buy the ktp445 later they wont blow BUT will not sound as good just being powered from the head unit as it doesnt have enough ooomph....

vicious circle :roll: :?

you takes ya pick.......

a powerpacked potts :lol:

Ok found the speaker spec

Alpine DDDrive DDC-F17A 6.5"

150W Peak Power
50W RMS
Frequency Response: 35Hz 22kHz
Sensitivity: 90dB/W/m

Just

So Mr Potts, some advise please, With the above speaker info and headset details (Alpine turned up yesterday superfast ebayer 8) ) any further things I should know? Will it sound pants ect?

Just

creationblue said:
So Mr Potts, some advise please, With the above speaker info and headset details (Alpine turned up yesterday superfast ebayer 8) ) any further things I should know? Will it sound pants ect?

Just

hi matey, cant find your speakers online ???? so dont know if they are coax or comps

BUT looking at the specs, I see no reason why they shouldnt sound ok, i did exactly that though, bought
headunit, wired it all up to test it, tried it on some 80wrms vibes and some 40wrms alpines, the alpines sounded better
BUT i still felt it was lacking in something :( thats why i went powerpack route and the 60 wrms focals.

Looks like you have the bases covered though, as if you dont like it, for an extra £95.00 you can get the powerpack as the alpine speaker specs you have would cope spot on with the powerpack :D
BTW, you will buy the powerpack bet ya :lol: good thing is though, its a 10 minute job to fit, so best trying without it first and see if you like it .....

IF you do get a powerpack, just remember to make sure the power feed is on a 15amp direct 12v supply, well thats what i did :lol: :roll: and thats what the instructions say, or the amp doesnt give the speakers all the power etc etc etc

I am on hols as of tomorrow so any questions try to post today or pm me, or there are some people on here way more knowledgable than me :oops: :D

a dissappering up my own a?se potts

http://www.geocities.ws/CollegePark/1823/ddcf17a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like they are comps

Im waiting for the aux lead to turn up then ill fit it and try it out

Marriedblonde said:
Mine has turned up today. So will let you know what it is like when I get home this evening (hopefully)

J.

8) dont forget, 17amp wire, 15a inline fuse to yellow 12v power supply wire or it will sound barely no different to the headunit.... :D (out of the 100s of good reviews online, the 3 bad ones i came across where all down to them using the wrong power input for it to give its best !

a teaching people how to suck eggs potts :lol:

creationblue said:
http://www.geocities.ws/CollegePark/1823/ddcf17a.html

Looks like they are comps

Im waiting for the aux lead to turn up then ill fit it and try it out

havent seen these before, but they look nice.
not used comps either, but i beleive you wire the units speaker wire to the crossover, then 1 channel of the crossover
to ya woofer and the other one to ya tweeter :lol:
I do beleive there is a way of utilising all four of the powerpacks channels without, but that would need someone with much more knowledge than me and i may be wrong in what ive said :roll:
Also you have to make sure the headunits filters/bypasses/settings or whatever there called are setup right, again you may not have to do this (maybe the corssovers do it ??) but I am just throwing things in so you can be sure etc etc

Anyone reading this that does know about comps / crossovers / headunits and filters give creationblue a hand :D

either way, thinks you will like it dude....

a headspun potts

Yea its all cool, the x-overs do the freq work, ill let you know what it sounds like, i'll try and get it wiring up tonight, i have the supply from the LB in place so just a case of a few wires ect. Thanks for the advise

Jusr

pottinger said:
Marriedblonde said:
Mine has turned up today. So will let you know what it is like when I get home this evening (hopefully)

J.

8) dont forget, 17amp wire, 15a inline fuse to yellow 12v power supply wire or it will sound barely no different to the headunit.... :D (out of the 100s of good reviews online, the 3 bad ones i came across where all down to them using the wrong power input for it to give its best !

Cheers matey,

I will let you know how I get one! Need to decide if I fit this first, finish the sound proofing on the roof or put the new bed in...

I am thinking this takes priority :)

J.

Marriedblonde said:
pottinger said:
Marriedblonde said:

J.

Cheers matey,

I will let you know how I get one! Need to decide if I fit this first, finish the sound proofing on the roof or put the new bed in...

I am thinking this takes priority :)

J.

Sounds before bed, thems the rules ;)

Mission Accomplished

002-33.jpg

Coundnt get the aux in to work then found it in the menu and switched it on :mrgreen:

Agent CB Signing out 8)

Marriedblonde said:
Looking good Just :)

I didn't fit my alpine in line amp as it hadn;t arrived today... So went out and built my bed and lined it up ready to drill the holes and fit it tomorrow night.

J.

You still off to IOW?

Latest posts