CB Radio

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin.sim

Reaction score
Hiya

Been a while since I've been on here so hope you are all well & I'll hopefully bump into some of you at the various shows this season.

Recently I've been toying with the idea of fitting a CB radio in my bus for when out & about, being a total novice to CBs do any of you guys use them, is it worth it, what's a good starter package etc etc

Cheers

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

I've got one in my EB, and I've jut bought one for my T5 daily too.
Use them when we go off to shows etc
Great fun!

How do you fix the aerial? Mag mount seems a good idea to me

Definately have one dood, ive had one in my bus for a good 10 years now and there is nothing better when cruising! especially as you dont need a licence anymore.

I have a small midland fm one, with a decent size whip (go for aas big and powerful an aerial as you can as it makes all the difference, and dont forget to SWR it in (match the aerial and its location to your CB) 8) :mrgreen:

I use a mag mount mounted in the first third of my bus, as it does make a difference where you put it. towards the front and centrally is the best otherwise your signal is distorted to the side ;) :mrgreen:

What is it, how much etc ? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

It's in the for sale section mate
Midland CB , with brand new un used mag mount aeriel

Could deliver to Voo woo
This weekend

The best thing about CB radios is that you can get external speakers for them- Last one I had was in an old LDV- shouting at people across the motorway is so much more satisfying than just beeping at them.

Awaiting wiring up in the camper ;-)

Tempted Grazy,
it's a discontinued model does it have everything like brackets for fixing & mic etc. any wiggle room on price ?

martin.sim said:
Do you they all come with pa lol

Most seem to- there'll be a headphone jack on 'em that has "P.A" embossed next to it. Obviously puts out a fair bit more juice than a headphone jack though ;-)

Sorry for the thread hijack but anyone with a west pop top got one fitted and, if so, where do you locate the aerial ?

Yep mines on a Westy, CB units mounted to ply head winning between sun visors, mag mounts on roof, rear between roof rack bars.

Along the top of the window then top of the door finally under the canvas roof ally bar, if you want to have a look I've all my photo of my build on Facebook, I always have trouble uploading them on EB ;)

I have 2 x modern digital CB's and don't seem to have the option of checking the SWR........

Latest posts