Change out Westfalia interior

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaunb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering how you all get on with the original westfalia interior, if you find it practical or not?

I have been away a couple times and I am considering removing it and fitting a more updated and practical interior. Plus being a LHD the view is blocked by the wardrobe!

Your views would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Shaun

Hi Shaun,
We find the Westy interior very usable.
We are a family of 3 and have one Jon Faux roof beds.
We use the wardrobe as it should be as apposed to taking a bag.
We will be using sleeping bags from now on instead of a duvet again saving room as well as offering more warmth.
We also use the water tank to save on taking bottled water with us although this may not be the case on European trips as not all water from taps is drinking water I believe.

Hope this helps and feel free ask any questions

Thanks Sam

I should of pointed out that the sink unit basin and cooler is missing, also my westy is a tin top so I only have the over cab hammock.

Shaun

We use the original westy set up. Don't have an issue with the wardrobe at junctions when turning left, just approach a bit squarer to the give way line. Or if the wife's handy I ask her :lol:

Hi Shaun,

I've been using my LHD Westy as my daily driver for 5 years now.
Best camping interior you can get on an Earlybay IMO.
If it's knackered then fair play but it up to you in the end :D

The wardrobe isn't an issue for me when driving.
I just check my mirrors a bit more, use co-pilots when available and cross my fingers.
Mind you, not a lot of overtaking so far - ask me again in 2 months when my 1776 is run in....

Spence

If you do decide to get rid of it I would be interested in the buddy seat for a project I have in mind.

Went away for ten days with me, the wife, and our 3 kids. Couldn't fault it! I've shelved out the wardrobe and find it so much more practical! Mines also a lefty and don't find the wardrobe an issue, but maybe that's because I drove a transit for ten years, so am used to using mirrors only. Not sure if it's standard, but I have a little convex mirror on the offside that let's you see everything.

Sent from my arse using Tapatalk

My first bus was a 68 Cali panel van
First time I'd driven a Lhd and also it was a panel so no windows
Not a problem tbh
So a Lhd westy with windows and cupboards not a problem !
Jump in and enjoy
Just b careful as always ! :)

I've put a rhd westy interior in my lhd bus

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Gütterßnipe said:
Saraj said:
I've put a rhd westy interior in my lhd bus

Cool:D

Is your Westy flip-down table attached to your sliding door? ;)

No, it's in the garage. Still debating what to do for a table.

Thanks for the advice everyone, going to keep I the interior original, it just needs sorting out, new headliner and cards, and seats recovering back to original colour.

Also after the sink unit as that is what's missing, any leads anyone? [FLUSHED FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts