CHanging spark plugs...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldrick

Reaction score
Sorry my day for asking questions...

I've got a twin carb 1776 engine and the engine builder said that I would be able to change the plugs without taking the engine out... Trouble is I can't see how I can.

Is there a "special" super bendy plug spanner type thing that people use? I can't even see how I can push the lead onto the plug, let alone change it. :(

How many of you guys have to drop the engine to change the plugs? Seems a nonsense, especially as that isn't something that I could do.

I just use a normal plug socket, short extension bar and ratchet. Its fiddly granted but not a great deal more than it was when stock. The only difficult one is No.3 because I have to undo the brake servo pipe to get it out of the way. Thats on twin IDFs.

What kind of inlet manifolds do you have? If your manifolds prevent you using a normal rigid extension bar then what about one of those flexible ones?

I use a plug socket short extension and a uj gets in everywhere no taking anything off.. and ive taken them plugs out alot recently !

on my 1776 with 40IDFs no.1 is a PITA but doable with a few 'wobble' extentions joined together.

Just

Latest posts