Cherished Vehicle Insurance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Just a warning to other forum members, check when your insurance runs out as mine ran out in April and Cherished have not sent through any renewal notifications or anything, just checked with them they say they did but no longer chase renewals. (luckily I'm covered on my trade policy so have had cover via another route but please check)

Even though they have all my details on file because the policy had lapsed it would have to be a new quotation, only been with them for the last 5 years, the women on the other end of the phone wasn't interested in my business at all so whilst they support the forum their customer service on this occasion was appalling.

Based on their bad service who else have people got insurance with for 2 vehicles?

My insurance ran out this week with them. I had my renewal a good couple of weeks ago and a call the day before it was due to expire. The lad was very keen and super helpful. He found out about my quirey on recovery after fire and managed to get a few quid off the renewal price. Sounds like it's luck of the draw.

With respect, you have a responsibility as well, to remember when your insurance runs out - same goes for tax (if applicable) and MOT.

vwed said:
With respect, you have a responsibility as well, to remember when your insurance runs out - same goes for tax (if applicable) and MOT.
Yes Im well aware of that and I agree but we are all busy, however if you dont receive a renewal notification or chase then these things can slip through the net. It was more about their attitude and a warning to others.

I didn't get a tax reminder this year which meant I missed the date (I always forget it's the first of the month; regardless of when you renew it).
I shouldn't rely on the DVLA to remind me - but they have done this for all my motors for as long as I've been driving and they've stopped now without any notification... slightly odd!

Download MOT reminder from the App Store. You can put in the dates of MOT, Tax, Insurance and service and it links to your calandar on your phone and will send you a reminder.

826ba13a891ba9b37d0fa4562be0239d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theyve sold the business on to A Plan now haven't they? At renewal last year I wasn't particularly taken with the service. I'd always staged payments before, but this year there was no opportunity to do so, attitude was pretty blunt.
I'll only be insuring one vehicle from renewal this year so will be shopping about.

Clem said:
Theyve sold the business on to A Plan now haven't they? At renewal last year I wasn't particularly taken with the service. I'd always staged payments before, but this year there was no opportunity to do so, attitude was pretty blunt.
I'll only be insuring one vehicle from renewal this year so will be shopping about.

I was pretty unhappy as well too be honest, seemed like they weren't interested.
I'm now paying £240 on a classic multi car policy with RH Insurance for the bus and squareback.
The only downside is that I can't get agreed value cover due to neither of the vehicles being garaged.

Do any insurance companies do agreed value on non garages vehicles???
My trade policy is fully comp, might just run it on there???

Lee C said:

Yes. I'm with Footman James with whom I have agreed value despite being parked on the street.

Interesting so its not just me, ended up adding both the vehicles to my trade policy and they will do agreed value on completion of the forms, cost is £100 less then Cherished took off me last year.

Lee C said:

Adrian Flux do on mine which is on my drive under a carport

Graham L said:
Interesting so its not just me, ended up adding both the vehicles to my trade policy and they will do agreed value on completion of the forms, cost is £100 less then Cherished took off me last year.

I'd rather do that like!!!???
Might ask my broker about it!!??

Lee C said:

Carole Nash agreed my 'on drive' bus on the usual 6-photo basis. It's their 'Classic vehicle' policy.

Cherished sponsor the site which pays for a good portion of the server costs so i am biased. Ive always had cheaper insurance from them anyway over all the other providers.

I know they ahve changed to a larger broker to offer more options and better deals so im assuming some people got lost in the cracks somehere in the change over.

if you have an issue i can provide an email and im sure they would try to sort you out asap. there was a cock up with some of the renewals but they did get back to me and sort mine out.

Cheers Johnny
Its a shame their staff haven't been briefed as they really were not interested in my business at all, perhaps worth passing on that they are currently losing business, we've checked everywhere and never received any renewal paperwork at all (and yes I know its my responsibility) but it was just the attitude on the phone, were not interested in trying to sort it all as it was beyond the expiry date.

Well developments are they have pulled all sponsorship of the site...

so we are actively looking for a main site sponsor for the bulk of the costs. They had a good deal with us but they dont seem interested after a restructure so i wont be renewing my insurance with them again next year just a shame ive already paid up this year...

If anyone has any ideas let me know meanwhile i wont be supporting them as they are no longer supporting us.

Clem said:

Just to update on this. They sent me renewal paperwork through and made a couple of reminder phone calls so I cant fault them there. I shopped about a bit, but I couldn't get close to matching the price. So, I renewed with Cherished/A Plan .... everything was cool till I realised they charge £25 admin fee to renew! WTF? They earn money by commision so its a bit of a piss take, but at the late hour I renewed I wasn't in a position to argue. Still, cheaper too ... :roll: :lol:

Latest posts