Chuffed.com (Cheers Rob!)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crammy69

Reaction score
Bought my crossover bay from Robster on here about a month ago, I've driven 1300 'ish trouble free miles and after having it given a good look over by James @ VeeDub Performance in Welling (he comes very highly recommended, and I agree 125%) its apparantly a good 'un :D , the underneath is weld free and original and rust free, and he could find almost nothing that actually needs doing to it!, I've never had a classic / old vehicle like that before- they always need something doing!. So other than an age related weak synchro on down changes in 2nd gear (its a sweet box otherwise) and probably needing an indicator relay to stop the manic flashing (both these things Rob told me upfront about before I bought the bus) its all good to go!. So now all I "need" to focus on is personalising and at the end of summer getting some heating sorted. Chuffed.com!

Cheers
Simon

If you want heating then you have bought the wrong vehicle :lol:

Invest in a Propex and lots of thick clothing, hat, scarf, gloves, etc. for the autumn weather :D .

Welcome to the very laid back world of the air cooled bus.

Delilahtoo said:
If you want heating then you have bought the wrong vehicle :lol:

Invest in a Propex and lots of thick clothing, hat, scarf, gloves, etc. for the autumn weather :D .

Welcome to the very laid back world of the air cooled bus.

Cheers!, I make you right about heating not being the strong point, my feet are freezing as the rubber bungs are missing from the pedals :lol: , Im actually colder in the van than when Im on my triumph, need to wear my motorcycle gear in the van and then be fine :lol:

I mdo have a set of heat exchangers with the van but I guess they are for the original type 4 engine so wont be any good for my type 1 twin port engine ?

Latest posts