cigarette lighter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisasbloke

Reaction score
hello everyone i have installed a cigarette lighter but it keeps blowing the fuse to my sat nav but not to anything else i put in it is there anything im doing wrong it is wired up to the leisure battery
thank you
andy

hello there is a 25 amp fuse connected to the cigarette lighter and a 3.75 amp fuse on the leisure battery the sat nav fuse is 3 amp i have been told by halford that the sat nav is pulling to much current but how can i reduce the amount of current i also have just installed a new 75 amp leisure battery

Does it blow the second you plug in or does it take a few minutes?

If the sat nav requires a 3amp fuse it shouldn't try to pull more than that. it sounds like the sat nav should have more than a 3 amp fuse?

Sounds like a faulty sat-nav - can you try it in another car? You shouldn't have to increase the fuse size from what was fitted. Only an internal short/fault will make it draw more current.

Just to confirm - it is an internal fuse in the sat-nav that keeps blowing?

Electrical devices "draw" current, ie it is not pushed to them like voltage is. So if the internal fuse is blowing then my thoughts still point to a faulty unit.

Just a thought: Maybe if your battery is low, then more current will be drawn to increase the power.

Latest posts