Cleaning headliner material

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly the Ozbus

Reaction score
Ello again,

I have some bed boards to go up in my pop-top which consist of ply boards covered in the perforated headliner material- they're pretty grubby and I was wondering what people use to clean this type of material? As it is backed by boards I should at least be able to use some elbow-grease but want to make sure I don't use anything that's going to damage it...

Cheers,

Olly

Can't remember who it was but I remember someone on here used Cillit Bang on their headlining an said it works a treat.
Probably best to try it on a small area first ;)

i tried several things when i cleaned about 10 years of mould/mildew/stains/nicotine from the bus.

try things like cillit bang, acetone (nail varnish remover) and mold/mildew remover (bascially watered down bleach).

the best overall was the mold/mildew remover used with one of those magic sponges (melamine foam):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Magic-...omeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item35bda4476d

you can get these on ebay/amazon, sometimes available in aldi/lidl/wilkinson and called various names.

use the foam block with a cleaner and try a small area - if you can get a good scrubbing going it will clean up but don't go too hard as its is very slightly abrasive.

Latest posts