Cleaning original vinyl seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliTom

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone advise what's the best thing to clean our original vinyl seats with? We've got covers on at the moment, but would like to clean them up and see what they're like.
Thanks

Ive been having a go with orange swarfega recently (the stuff with the grit in it). Seems to shift ground in dirt, but you need a LOT of elbow grease with a very stiff nylon bristle brush. I have used a brass bristle brush for very bad areas where the grime embeds itself in the basketweave "grooves".

Its really important to wash it all off very thoroughly though using high(ish) pressure water (jetwash maybe too much).

If its only light dirt, there are some brilliant foam "surfacant" based upholstrey cleaners that are about 4 to 5 quid a tin that just "lift" the dirt off.

This stuff is pretty good and not too expensive

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-Valay-AD16G-Upholstery-Cleaner/dp/B00LUS1ETM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm gonna have a crack with a steam mop / scrubber thing - they're pretty awesome for blasting crap out of dirty crevices.

Truck wash, I was told by someone in the trade they use this. Just wipe it off with warm soapy water before it drys. I did some white basket weave seats in my old square back and they looked amazing.

Have you thought about spray painting them ? did my beetle seats and door cards and the finish is great

As radish has suggested truck wash is pretty good stuff

Latest posts