Close Shaves

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caesar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know that feeling you get when you do something but you dont know why you do it?!

Well im glad i had that feeling last night.

Started the van up and no problems at all, got about 100 yards down the road and for some reason i though i'd pull over and just a check over the engine over as i do occasionally

Opened the boot lid and petrol was pissing from the inlet pipe to the fuel pump, all over the fuel pump and surrounding area.

I damn near shat myself, killed the engine and then replaced the fuel line.

Absolutely no problems today.

Just thought it was weird how my brain new there was something wrong even though the van was driving perfect.

Anybody else had any experiences like this?

yup, i drove for 120 miles like that after picking it up from the previous owner, the heat of the engine was causing the petrol to evaporate. When i started the next day, engine cold, there was a puddle of petrol half an inch deep, i have no idea how i got away with it :shock: .

mine wasnt a split fuel line but a dodgy clip where the pipe attached to the carb. Needles to say i replaced the lot.

I was just pulling onto the M4 ( a very busy junction (Almondsbury interchange)) when i heard a "ting ting ting" coming from a rear wheel and assumed that I had a stone in the hub cap. Anyway about 10seconds later and a load of banging, i swerved onto the hard shoulder, to find my rear wheel, brake drum......everything had come off!and was flapping around in the wheel well :shock: thank god my vans low or this would have come out and shot off across the motorway :shock:

Anyway after ages of trying to work out why the wheel had come off, and another 2 quick pull overs when i heard a noise from the rear, i sussed it! turned out that my rear drum had been machined slightly on the piss! causing the split pin to break with the force given to the castle nut! :shock:

Changed the hub and all okay :roll: thank god it was before the spary job :wink:

This is the main reason i still smoke, you need a cigarette after that sort of fever! :wink:

Latest posts