Clutch pedal sideways play

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshaker

Reaction score
hi all

my clutch pedal has started to play up a little, with sideways movement. still works but is a bit unstable ... a few mm movement side to side. had a look underneath and all still connected tight at the first bolt ... but the play seems to be in the bit pictured below (that is still tight though).

anyone had this before .... or know how to rectify ........ or whether i need to replace something???

abd5b83a.jpg

Can't tell from the pic but clutch developed some sideways movement while we were on holiday. When the movement became significant it required a quick pit stop. Garage mechanic replaced bolts (which had become loose) and recommended either nylon replacements or a tack weld for added peace of mind. So far so good.

cheers. i think the bolts are still quite tight ....... but maybe they need a closer look. also, maybe a shim/washer type affair packed in to stop the movement.

so, had it taken apart this morning ...... we think the villain might be a (copper?) bush worn away in the circular bit of the arm here. can't find anything online about buying one. anyone know anything about it? currently back together full of grease and working better.

a81ef326.jpg

eed182f7.jpg

Latest posts