Container to add engine oil

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayHutch

Reaction score
Given the angle of the engine oil filler neck, what does everyone use to put oil in without it going everywhere ?

Tekton-Funnel-Flexible-Neck.jpg

Normally pence from your local auto factors

quick tip- things like windscreen washer fluid often come in 2.5L jugs. wash one out, dry it- then you don't have to faff around with the dipstick, you just fill your washer fluid jug with oil, pour it into the engine- engine has perfect amount of oil. I know it's a silly thing, but if you change your oil every six weeks like I have to, you want it to be as easy as possible :)

Dickie524 said:
Happystamps said:
but if you change your oil every six weeks like I have to, you want it to be as easy as possible :)

Que?

Well it's every 300 miles, isn't it?

Nah, just kidding. I do about 30K a year, so at every 3000 miles... about six weeks.

RayHutch said:
Given the angle of the engine oil filler neck, what does everyone use to put oil in without it going everywhere ?

I cut off the top one third of a plastic drinks bottle, at an angle and use that as a funnel.

Trikky2 said:
RayHutch said:

I cut off the top one third of a plastic drinks bottle, at an angle and use that as a funnel.

This works well along with a 1 litre oil bottle or similar plastic.

I use one of those disposable sports bottles (e.g. Lucozade) that has a suction nozzle so I can hold it upside and the oil won't come out unless I squeeze the bottle. Very handy especially in it's small size, though this does mean several refills.

Tesco sell their own brand fresh soup in a plastic container and it has a nice little pouring spout. Fits perfectly in the engine bay and pours great. Plus you get a free meal with it :)

dustrat said:
I use a gearbox oil plastic bottle with tube. No drips and easy to store.
Robert

Yep fill these up 2 and a half times
Poke tube down the filler hole
And squeeze perfect no spillage
That's what I do
:)

monkeyvanwestybike said:
dustrat said:
I use a gearbox oil plastic bottle with tube. No drips and easy to store.
Robert

Yep fill these up 2 and a half times
Poke tube down the filler hole
And squeeze perfect no spillage
That's what I do
:)

Ditto,, I use these because you can leave the little pipe pulled out and still screw it`s little cap back on to keep the oil clean, it also don`t drip and it`s a good ergonomic type shape for pouring and squeezing too if you like that sort of thing :roll: two of them will fit in between the battery and the wheel arch. I only ever use one for topping up and the other is for emergency emergencies. Bonus is they is free when you change your box oil and we do like free good stuff ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It works, it`s great,, it`s free,, what`s not to like??? :mrgreen: :p :mrgreen:

Latest posts