CSP Disc Brakes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stueyd1975

Reaction score
Trying to decide whether or not to drop the best part of a grand on a CSP brake kit, are they really worth the money? Do they stop the bus on a penny ?

Opinions appreciated

Cheers

Had mine on a few yr now and real happy with them.. loads better braking! but I'm without servo so there is still some leg pressure going on, compared to drums only it's a massive improvement tbh

got my eye on the CE rear bolt on kit too :mrgreen:

Liam

Wouldn't it be cheaper to convert to standard, later disks?
If you want wide 5 then add in adaptors and you'll still be under a grand.
Parts are far easier to source and replace too!

lemur said:
Had mine on a few yr now and real happy with them.. loads better braking! but I'm without servo so there is still some leg pressure going on, compared to drums only it's a massive improvement tbh

Liam

The CE kit isn't bolt on, have a look at my resto thread. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

Stueyd1975 said:
Trying to decide whether or not to drop the best part of a grand on a CSP brake kit, are they really worth the money? Do they stop the bus on a penny ?

Opinions appreciated

Cheers

I've just bought them from heritage, they've dropped their price a fair bit lately and then the added bonus of the forum discount, delivered for £816 8)

sparkywig said:
lemur said:

Liam

The CE kit isn't bolt on, have a look at my resto thread. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

After following wigs thread and problems when he did the rears I'm waiting for a vast improvement or an alternative, (transporterhaus is looking at doing one soon )

Thanks for the heads up guys!

so when they say=

Our new rear disc kit breaks new ground. It is the only kit in the world that is designed to bolt directly to 68-80 Bay window bus hubs without modification and gives two PCD’s. Yes two bolt patterns giving you the chance to change wheels from your polished Porsche Fuchs in summer to those painted original steels in winter. Other PCD combinations are available to special order. Call for details.
The kit contains everything you need to convert from the drums on your Bay or your Splitty that has been IRS’d using Bay window hubs. This kit is a true bolt on. There in no welding or machining required. There are no core exchange items as every part of the kit is brand new.
The standard kit will retain the same track width as the original drums and will accept 15” alloy wheels. (You must make your own checks before ordering wide wheels, but we have experienced no problem with wheels as wide as 7.5” in width.)
With the optional spacer, you can fit 15” x 6” original steel wheels with tires up to 215 width without clearance problems..

I've to take that with a massive pinch of salt? :(

Liam

lemur said:

so when they say=

Our new rear disc kit breaks new ground. It is the only kit in the world that is designed to bolt directly to 68-80 Bay window bus hubs without modification and gives two PCD’s. Yes two bolt patterns giving you the chance to change wheels from your polished Porsche Fuchs in summer to those painted original steels in winter. Other PCD combinations are available to special order. Call for details.
The kit contains everything you need to convert from the drums on your Bay or your Splitty that has been IRS’d using Bay window hubs. This kit is a true bolt on. There in no welding or machining required. There are no core exchange items as every part of the kit is brand new.
The standard kit will retain the same track width as the original drums and will accept 15” alloy wheels. (You must make your own checks before ordering wide wheels, but we have experienced no problem with wheels as wide as 7.5” in width.)
With the optional spacer, you can fit 15” x 6” original steel wheels with tires up to 215 width without clearance problems..

Liam

More like a bucket of salt lol,

Sparkywig had to wait initially for the kit after paying for it, then when installing it, go back to them for spaces and packers so the calipers line up with the disc, and spaces for the centre crown nut to hold the hubs on, plus other niggles ;)

68_early_bay said:
lemur said:

so when they say=

Liam

More like a bucket of salt lol,

Sparkywig had to wait initially for the kit after paying for it, then when installing it, go back to them for spaces and packers so the calipers line up with the disc, and spaces for the centre crown nut to hold the hubs on, plus other niggles ;)

Wow Just read sparkys thread, awesome bus :) but those rear disc kits are simply a nightmare! Glad I didn't order already!
cheers guys,
L

Latest posts