Curved panel section

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aardvark

Reaction score
Hello friends
The centre panel on my van is showing rot on the curved section under the window on the opposite side to the sliding door. It's been botched previously, but now the rust has appeared. It's the half-round profile I'm talking about.
I've looked on the net for a replacement part but cant find it. I can get every part on the van apart from this. Can anyone point me in the right direction. If anyone has tips on replacement, that would be helpful too. Welding isn't a problem for me.
Thanks
Andy

Hiya, I don’t think that there is a repair panel for this. If it was me, I’d take the window out and clear off the inside too to avoid fires :shock: Then I’d have a clean up and a good look at the exact damage. I’m not gonna tell you how to suck eggs with your welding, but I’ll just say to try and leave as much of the original as you can get away with and make your own small repair sections from anything original that you can lay your hands on. If the rust is showing under the rubbers then you’ve got to get the glass out anyhow. I’d also try to separate the two window sections at their spotwelds snd leave the internal one if at all possible. :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, bloody rust termites :mrgreen:

Latest posts