Cut the bottom panels off my 68 bay, to reveal chassis L@@K

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoveDior

Reaction score
All original metal work, not bad for 42 years old!!!
van1.jpg

van2.jpg

van3.jpg

van5.jpg

van6.jpg

van7.jpg

not as good as the pictures above, got some more photos of the rest of the van, i will post them shortly

My 72 crossover wasnt much worse, i think i did more damage grinding the spot and stitch welding off than mother nature had over the last 38 years (mines a uk rhd bus)

Type20032.jpg

Looks good Nugsy, mine is a uk RHD too, did you get new bottom panels for yours after you cut them off, or did you clean up and paint the chassis and leave it???

only just got all the put riggers back on. Work got in the way of my freetime :)

Intend to waxoyl the hell out of it, paint the outside with por15and anything else if it dont react.

May then put some pans back on but with stainless screws/rubber strip so i can take em off and check every now and again just to make sure nothings coming back :)

Yes i have just ordered up a load of POR15, it is really good stuff, i am planning on doing the same to mine, make the bottom panels removable,

Lucky buggerz! I would be so happy if mine looked vaguely like that <_< Have a look at Bilt Hamber stuff to keep it that way I have been using their stuff and sear its a lot better than other products :)

My 68 still has full pans on :? ...... i've got a feeling its not gunna look as good as that when i'm brave enough to remove them!!

... I aint taking mine off !

.. too risky ;)

The don't sound like a box of rice crispies when i bang em and thats good enough for me ..

Hilly

Latest posts