Cycling - who does?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Sam*

Reaction score
I recently bought a road bike to commute to work on.
The primary reason is that running was smashing my back and hips to bits so thought I could save some money by biking to work.

My commute is 10 miles each way all country roads and I love every minuet of it.

This is my ride, it's only a base model but I like it.
udunyry3.jpg

So anyone on here riding ( any bike any reason)

Nice Sam. I haven't ridden for a few years now, but the last time I did it was off-road at our local hills. Quick swap of the wheels to road and then down in the country. Does involve about 7/8 miles on main roads, but once you get there it's lovely!

Also did Croydon to Brighton one weekend with my mate and his running club. That was brilliant fun. Mainly took it up when I did my back in to lose weight. Helped me lose close to 5 stone over the course of a year. I would love to get back in to it once the resto is done.

There was also an off-road place near Tonbridge Wells called Porkies I think it was, it had leisurely bike rides, and then a proper BMX circuit and then just random jumps. Real fun place.

I cycle to work, only 4 miles but have no other transport till my bay is on the road.
I ride a pinnacle hybrid, used to do loads of mountain biking but got out of the habit during the foot and mouth outbreak in 2000.

It's good to hear what other people ride.
Whistler wow 5 stone that's mega, I think i have spent about £500 this year at the chiropractor !!
Biking seems to be helping which is good!!

i ride far too much :), mainly off road but a bit of road for fitness. I don't like gears I ride SS go to a lot of the SS events the worlds, Uks, euros etc. lots of riders are into VWs as there so handy for travelling in. Ive just had another custom 29er frame made, im a bit obsessed :lol:

I've got a 8 mile commute to work but run it most days, gave up cycling after falling off and nearly meeting a car. So far this year ive done 6 marathons up and down the country so the camper gets a good work out as well ;)

I ride a Felt z85 most days and on crappy days i swop to a lapirre full sus mtb. And always ride the long way home after a hard day.

I've just got back from a week mountain biking at Corcheval in the French Alps.
It was brilliant, loads of purpose built trails all over the mountain and through forests :D
No riding back up, cable cars all the way to the top ;)
Hi Whistler I think Porkies was at Penshurst.
I've ridden there a few times.
Cheers Paul.

Splitty mate has got me into MTB and after turning up on a ride on an old Specialized and getting the pissed ripped out of me I had to buy this. Currently sitting in the spare room with the wheels off :roll:

Off to the Afan forest in Wales at end of Sept to no doubt break a leg! :lol:

Lee

Jonnysue said:
I've got a 8 mile commute to work but run it most days, gave up cycling after falling off and nearly meeting a car. So far this year ive done 6 marathons up and down the country so the camper gets a good work out as well ;)

Now that's commitment I can't imagine running 8 miles to work then doing a full day, good on ya man quality inspiration.

Lee152 said:
Splitty mate has got me into MTB and after turning up on a ride on an old Specialized and getting the pissed ripped out of me I had to buy this. Currently sitting in the spare room with the wheels off :roll:

Off to the Afan forest in Wales at end of Sept to no doubt break a leg! :lol:

Lee
That looks like a serious bit of kit Lee, I know nothing about bikes but my brother in law runs a bike shop so I let him guide me.
I have watched a few full on mountain biking videos and it looks fairly mental.

All on the road for me. I commute on a Kona cross bike and have a Dolan for weekends. I love it.

That sounds cool Mike, what sort of miles do you cover .

In commuting to work tonight I'm on a 2000-0600 shift.

Been riding my Specialized Globe all Summer to work and back. (7M Miles per day)
Keeps the beer gut off... !

Got a trip computer to tell me the crack.
See how keen I am in the Autumn/Winter!

*Sam* said:
That sounds cool Mike, what sort of miles do you cover .

In commuting to work tonight I'm on a 2000-0600 shift.

I've got just over 3600 miles so far this year, between 20 and 30 per day commuting, depends on my route, and try and get upto a 60 miler at the weekends.

Here's me after my last sportive a couple of weeks back :D

857E4BBD-FC2C-4A30-B56D-8B2AD8B9532A-9259-00000AE97E02EBF0_zpsf839207c.jpg

Wow that's done good mileage, I'm slowly working up to riding to work every day, I tend to do 2 on 1 off.
I find it really motivates me for a days work.

aspro said:
:shock: Is Wiggo your brother Mike? You look alike in that pic.

:lol: He's about a foot taller when he stands up straight!

I do a bit of each mountain biking :D and the dark side (road) :msn4: was out yesterday did 44 road miles out for an hour tomorrow on the road bike again and mountain bike on Sunday another hour. Tuesday is off road night all year round but need some new lights for this winter. Bikes are now loads of years old and worn out SC Blur, Trek H/T and Madone need to find some cash :( and buy a new one .... :lol: Oh heading off to Coed Y Brenin in November for a week 8)

Also did some good foreign trips in the past Alps, Portugal, Spain, Morocco ... but that was in a former life before wife, child and camper van :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts