Dash board light

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the low ambient light from the dash...... goes with the gentle yellow light of the headlamps :D :D

Most of the time my light doesn't work... I just guess how fast I'm going.... It's probably more accurate that actually reading the speedo anyway ;)

Sent from my arse using Tapatalk

Oh.. And, I would also like to know this... I bet there is some sort of kit... And if there isn't.. There should be!

Sent from my arse using Tapatalk

might sound stupid but have you removed the cluster and cleaned the thing as 40 plus years of shite does make it dull, also adjust to max brightness.

was a simple fix on ours and spot on, e3ven though the fuel guage and speedo dont read right and the clock alsways says 3 o clock.

but its good enough for the mot man.

you could try changing the bulbs?

10 pennith for the day

jth

you haven't got your dimmer turned down have you, they are a standard bulb so guess you could go led's or take the green covers off and get green bulbs?

As Nugsy has pointed out the dash lights have a dimmer, rotating the slight switch when pulled out operates this function, unfortunately after 40 years the dimming function results in dash lights being on or off, tried LEDS and not found any that work that well due to location of the bulb holders I think.

You need to get the dash pod out, clean up all of the housings and replace bulbs and check they are all there and working.

That's to all
I will try and clean it out see if that works
Thanks
Geordie

Graham L said:
As Nugsy has pointed out the dash lights have a dimmer, rotating the slight switch when pulled out operates this function, unfortunately after 40 years the dimming function results in dash lights being on or off, tried LEDS and not found any that work that well due to location of the bulb holders I think.

You need to get the dash pod out, clean up all of the housings and replace bulbs and check they are all there and working.

thats what i said graham, you not taking tech advise off me are you :lol:

jth

john the horse said:
Graham L said:

thats what i said graham, you not taking tech advise off me are you :lol:

jth

That would be a first John :lol:

Must have speed read the thread and missed your post :mrgreen:

Upgraded mine a few years ago to blue led's - used the strip ones - worked a treat and work with the dimmer too :)

ahame4en.jpg

Matt_B,
That looks a lot better improvement than upgrading to the 2.3w bulb.
Any info on where to get the LED's from and are they a straight swap, or did you use new holders ?

Come-on mat, how did yer do it!
Ps I think you need some fuel! :lol:
That's what I want!
It's the same colour of my M5 Golf

Geordie

It's a good few years ago I did them, but used something along the lines of these: http://www.maplin.co.uk/12vdc-led-strip-218015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They can be cut into short strips, wires soldered on and then stuck on the back of the dash. I'm sure I got the idea from a thread on here so can't take any credit ;-)

Ps, looks better than the photo shows too :)

Latest posts