Death Race 2000

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfpint_fighter

Reaction score
Randomly watching ITV4 and a film called 'Death Race 2000'

1975 weird hit and run race.

One of the cars had drivers in nazi uniforms driving a modified Karmann Ghia!
deathrace2000nazi1.jpg

yeah I watched it off and on last night. apparently the corvette that "frankestein" drove was a one of on a bettle chasis.

also the yellow car at the end was a kit car built on a beetle chasis.

weird film. they are currently filming a remake of it with jason Statham as the lead actor. but it will be like the remake of the italian job. same name with a very slightly similar plot.

The yellow car at the end was a Nova Kit Car, or the USA version which was called Sterling or something!

http://www.mamotorworks.com/mygarage/cars/deathrace.html

Frakensteins car is on this page but having just watched the film i don't remember a bloody huge engine sticking out the back!

F'steins car was in UltraVW spotted at one of the westcoast meets last month i think im sure i saw those daft horns on the front.

$2,500 ONO buys you this.

http://www.oldbug.com/roadkill.htm

Remember watching the film years ago. Correct me if wrong but wasn't Sly Stallone in it prior to getting his big break in Rocky.

Always remember the scene where the nurses put out the old folks from the home in the middle of the road in wheelchairs and zimmer frames ready for one of the cars to run them over and then they hid behind a wall ready to watch.

The car them turned at the last minute and drove behind the wall running them over instead throwing them into the air, classic.

The oldbug car is the one that was in ultravw (i think!). It is blatantly based on frakensteins car but is a hard top.

And yes Sly was in it but gets blown up!

The cheesiest part of the movie is when you first see frakensteins 'hand' grenade.

Also remember there was a saucy sex scene, but was about 10 at the time when i first saw it.

It's classic B movie so there were some random boobies!

I made me think of a computer game i used to play about 10 years ago called Carmageddon. Although in that they had to change the humans into Zombies to stop it being banned.

Check out an old Australian film called ´The cars that ate Paris`. It's got an insane spikey Beetle in it and loads of other mad cars. Top film-highly recommended.

bananacustard said:
Check out an old Australian film called ´The cars that ate Paris`. It's got an insane spikey Beetle in it and loads of other mad cars. Top film-highly recommended.

How random, i was looking for info on the cars in death race and came across that one and added that to my 'to watch' list.

I'm a sucker for a dub

Latest posts