*DeeDee* – My Beautiful Westy (1970 Cali SO67) - Update VWNW

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDeeTheBay

Reaction score
Hi everyone

After over a week of pure excitement (to the point I thought I was going to pop as everyone on here is well aware! lol)….. I finally bought my Westy home on Saturday night! :D :D :D

Her name is DeeDee and she’s from San Fran, Cali! Imported here in 2008.

We bought her from EpsomAir on here, a lovely chap with a lovely family :) Was great to meet you sir!

Sunday I spent a lot of time catching up on housework that I missed on Saturday, but the excitement of going and having a play in the camper meant that I did all my housework at super speed lol!

Sunday afternoon I spent playing about with stuff and having a proper look around it, I know I should have done this myself before but I let my husband and his air-cooled guru friend do all that while I just gazed at it with my rose coloured sunglasses on Saturday. I knew I loved it anyway so no matter what condition it was in I was pretty certain I’d be bringing her home anyway.

Anyway, Last night as promised I went outside when I got in from work and started to give her a good spruce up inside and started writing my shopping list for her, but its safe to say I’m absolutely smitten with her and I’m so happy to finally be an Early Bay owner :D

Here’s some pics…..

We stopped at a services on the M25....

20130817_193912_zpswhhfqfm9.jpg

My perfect view from my bedroom window on Sunday morning <3

20130818_084532_zpsjemhh60t.jpg

DeeDee and Bobby the Cat

20130818_132931_zpsck22bc5v.jpg

Cute bum

20130820_192328_zpsowsl3isk.jpg

Lovely interior, Just needs a touch of fabulisation

20130820_191946_zps1vsmiibq.jpg

20130820_191954_zpsgvhnhms0.jpg

20130820_192058_zpsx9wdn8h9.jpg

20130820_192309_zpszgbatb9r.jpg

image%203_zpsyb205nh8.jpeg

Karl loves his beer rack :lol:

20130820_192416_zps4gtuheni.jpg

Found this sticker….

20130818_121543_zpsfdeazvgf.jpg

DeeDee and Mitsy the Cat

20130818_122108_zpssfqapgxs.jpg

Nice sparkley sink, Needs a new tap though (anyone know where I can get a replacement that’d be awesome)

20130820_192203_zpslm98qql1.jpg

Fridge/Cooler, Thinking of changing this for a modern one, cant work out how its supposed to work though lol I’m new to this coolness!

20130820_192243_zpsg93i0pub.jpg

Anyway, That’s all the pics for now, We’ve already bought her first present which is a fire extinguisher system that I found on the late bay forums and I’m just about to order a quick shift, bush and coupling for the gears to stop that stirring porridge feeling lol

I hope you like her, I absolutely LOVE her!!

Steff & DeeDee
x

Well done, lovely looking Westy, but then I would say that.

Tube to the water tank goes brittle after 40 odd years. Gently ease it out ( oh er! ) better to unscrew the sink unit, cut the broken bit off and pop to B&Q and make yourself up another section with a cap on it for a couple of quid from the plumbing section. Or, wait for a genuine one to turn up at £20 - £25!
The tube in the fridge should be connected to a drip tray and there should be a shelf above it. Im also looking for a mini fridge but you will find there silly money.
The pipe to from the sink unit to the roof is the stink pipe. Be careful removing anything chances are it will be brittle and snap easy.

See you on the road

That's a sweet bus. I remember when I first got mine.......I thought I was going to wee myself and it wasn't even in any where near as good a condition as yours.

Enjoy.

Lainey - try these guys for a tap - pretty sure it was them who had a few taps at VW Sweetcorn. I'm no Westy expert, but my mate who was with me who is, reckoned the prices he was asking were good.

http://www.germancampercompany.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skiingnick said:
That's a sweet bus. I remember when I first got mine.......I thought I was going to wee myself and it wasn't even in any where near as good a condition as yours.

Enjoy.

Thank you so much :) I love it to bits!

Fortunate Son said:
Lainey - try these guys for a tap - pretty sure it was them who had a few taps at VW Sweetcorn. I'm no Westy expert, but my mate who was with me who is, reckoned the prices he was asking were good.

http://www.germancampercompany.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's great! Thank you, I'll take a look!

x

LaineyW said:
Fortunate Son said:

That's great! Thank you, I'll take a look!

x

Sold out... :cry: :cry: :cry: Have e-mailed them though :msn4:

Very nice Lainey. Looks great inside. :D

Here is a pic of the insides of the ice box. I had to be resourceful on the drain tube as mine was a bit messed up. :D

Her is another shot from above.

And one from the top showing the cap for the filler. We had to replace mine too.

You do have to take the sink unit out to get to the water tank behind it. It is easy though. If I remember correctly there are 2 screws that hold it to the floor, right where you would walk beside it to get to the front seats but toward the front of the icebox. If that make since? That and there are 2 bolts that the nuts are easy to get to if you remove or move your passenger seat. You may have to disconect the drain under the bus too. Then you can lift it out. Hope that helped? :D

Yes thank you Kim, very helpful with the pictures!

I wish you could still buy all this stuff new, it'd be a lot easier haha! It all adds to the fun though I suppose :lol:

Lainey x

LaineyW said:
Yes thank you Kim, very helpful with the pictures!

I wish you could still buy all this stuff new, it'd be a lot easier haha! It all adds to the fun though I suppose :lol:

Lainey x

Yah, it gives you something to look for at swap meets. :D

Hey Lainey,

I just noticed that your bus is a 70 also! DIdn't even see it in the title when I first read it. LOL I was to excited to see pics. :D

What month is yours? Mine is May of 70. Also, how did you know it was an SO67? I looked at my plate on the westy bed and mine says 70 but it doesn't have the SO in front of it. So I"m not sure if I"m looking at the right plate?

Thank you everyone :)

Kim, I did the m-plate decoder which said it was an SO67 :) And she's February 70

x

Ok, just looked at mine again and it is a SO67 too. :D

Now I need to know the actual day it was made. My birth month was Feb. so that means your bus and I are the same age. Just depends on when it was day it was made to see if it older or younger. LOL

Latest posts