*DeeDee* – My Beautiful Westy (1970 Cali SO67) - Update VWNW

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LaineyW said:
Hmmm well that's good then :) hopefully i'll be able to get one! x

If you're still looking for a tap clem had one for sale not long ago, last post in this thread

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51079" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:

Awwww we have bus twins Kim!! :)

Yeah she's coming along nicely! I've been soooooo busy with work and stuff at home that I've not had chance to get on here! I'll post some pics later on of what we've done :)

Thanks 68_early_bay, i'll send a quick message :) fingers crossed!

Nice bus! looks like a solid base, mine is also from San Francisco too.

Black steels with chrome caps are where its at 8)

Since buying DeeDee we've changed the gear lever bush and coupling thing and fitted a short shifter, its loads better now!

We've also bought her a plumbed in fire extinguisher from VW Aircooled Works :) And a few more pressies, including a new tap from Clem :)

Will post more pics as we go on! x

rallye dale said:
Cool 8)

Ive got a leon like that but white !

I have a Leon aswell but mine is Cutrus Yellow :) Karl wanted a white one but then say this one :)

MOT Day today! Fingers crossed!!

(think she might fail on the exhaust though :( Its blowing where the heat exchanger has snapped off :shock: )

She flew through the MOT!

Might go and pick her up tonight (she's at my mum and dads house) or my Dad will be trying to steal her lol

Bobreoc said:
Congrats on the MOT :)

And awesome bus..... Any plans for her?

Not really, Our main plans are to make her look pretty lol replace all the bits that are broken and worn firstly, might retrim the interior myself but I'm not sure what to go for yet so theres no rush.
I think my husband and his friend have been talking about lowering it and building an impressive motor for it but i'll leave the dirty mechanical stuff up to them for once and I can concentrate on the prettiness (I've done far too much of the dirty mechanical stuff on my Mk1 Golf engine conversion lol!)

Karl fitted the fire extinguisher from VW Aircooled Works today..... Very easy to fit and very happy with it!

20130914_161332_zpstt7kghak.jpg

20130914_161410_zpsbxa53dk5.jpg

Also, Bought a new sink stink pipe from Ross on here (Thank you!) and also a new water bottle! We've also ordered a stormforce cover for it too seeing as it threw it down the other day and she got wet :(

Just need to fit the tap we got from Clem (Thank you!!) :) along with a few other bits and then i'll get shopping again :D

LaineyW said:
I'll ask Karl :)

Where is it supposed to go?

Near the tank above the gear box is the best place, as at the moment it's nearly touching the Pre heat tubs, and if the filter splits it will spray petrol on them causing a fire :?

Might be a good job to swap the fuel line to ethanol resistant line too and your all set :mrgreen:

Latest posts