Dell's are on so which exhaust?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlydog

Reaction score
So my next venture is what exhaust to buy?
I've currently got the dreaded empi single quiet pack.. Which to be fair with a bit of help from my 'Ozzie hammer' :lol: went on ok..

I've read a few threads about the vintage speed exhausts, has anyone got one, a picture would be nice?

I quite fancy twin pipes out the back. Do the Beetle superflow exhausts fit?

Glad you started this one Cuz ;) I`m on the same mission, like the look of the one I saw (vintage speed) up at Malvern a little while back, but who has actually had one fitted for a while ?? Any probs ?? any real plus points ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

I have one fitted and have done for a few months, If you look at my thread in the gallery there are pictures, no issues so far apart from my over rider not fitting, other than that no issues, sounds good

Pete

petegee56 said:
I have one fitted and have done for a few months, If you look at my thread in the gallery there are pictures, no issues so far apart from my over rider not fitting, other than that no issues, sounds good

Pete

Which one did you fit Pete?

Cancel that I can see now.. I like it Pete.. Much chunkier than I thought!

I have a vintage speed exhaust AND my over-riders fit too! :p

P3064303.jpg

P3064306.jpg

P3124318.jpg

ozziedog said:
Hey Cuz,,,,,,,,,,,, don`t spose you fancy organising a group buy ????? :oops: :msn4: Or would ya :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Cheeky old pup :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Naughty Doggie! :evil: :lol:

I'm in on a group buy cuz but a group buy sounds like hard work.. :shock: Perhaps there's someone more experienced better suited? You'd be good ozwa, sure your banter would get us a few quid off! ;)

Merlydog said:
ozziedog said:
Hey Cuz,,,,,,,,,,,, don`t spose you fancy organising a group buy ????? :oops: :msn4: Or would ya :p

I'm in on a group buy cuz but a group buy sounds like hard work.. :shock: Perhaps there's someone more experienced better suited? You'd be good ozwa, sure your banter would get us a few quid off! ;)

I should imagine that this would be a breeze 8) or an absolute walk in the park to organise :D to someone sufficiently talented 8) like someone who was smart enough to smack on a pair of carbs :msn4: amongst their many other varied talents and atributes :shock: Some one who seems well at ease with organisational duties ;) Someone like you Cuz :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, I reckon you`d be about PERFECT !! :lol: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :lol:

ozziedog said:
Merlydog said:
ozziedog said:

I should imagine that this would be a breeze 8) or an absolute walk in the park to organise :D to someone sufficiently talented 8) like someone who was smart enough to smack on a pair of carbs :msn4: amongst their many other varied talents and atributes :shock: Some one who seems well at ease with organisational duties ;) Someone like you Cuz :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, I reckon you`d be about PERFECT !! :lol: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :lol:

I'm sure it would be a walk in the park hammer boy! :lol: Especially for someone with the charisma and interpersonal skills one might hold, perhaps someone's who's job is that of persuasion, salesman type? Oh hang on, what's your job again ozwa? :mrgreen: Might even be a Stella in it if you do! :D

Big up for twin pea-shooters - I was well peed off when I found mine had lost one snapped off at the silencer.
I have a ratty merged header/silencer but it sounds pants - resonates at cruising speed like they do - who wants that?

Hi All.
I am the UK agent for VINTAGESPEED, please look at the website for pics and sound tests of the systems, you wont find a 5 year warranty on any other systems on the market, these fit well and offer the best ground clearance, the most popular system is the 155-210-05200 hidden tailpipe muffler, if you contact me you will get the best deals, no need for group buys, but if its out of stock allow about 3 weeks to get it, while your checking out the website look at the shifters.
Cheers.
Dan Simpson. :D :D

I'm in on a group buy cuz but a group buy sounds like hard work.. :shock: Perhaps there's someone more experienced better suited? You'd be good ozwa, sure your banter would get us a few quid off! ;)[/quote][/quote]

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, I reckon you`d be about PERFECT !! :lol: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :lol:[/

Hey !!!!! I picked on you first ! :shock: Now show us what you`re made of and get to work on that Dan fella, I`m sure that with your carby tuning skills, and your yoga positions in the engine bay whilst doing so, and just being a generally swell peep ;) That Dan will be putty in your hands !! 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, If we can get ten or so, hold out for 20% off and the jobs a good un, ;) :lol: ;)

20% off, I was thinking more like 25% cuz? All the sales Dan would get from our fellow early bayers would surely warrant a minor discount for forumers? :D :lol:
What do you think Dan? 8) I'm on the Market for the T2A sport muffler, or similar. Just out of interest do the beetle tailpipes clear the bumper. I like the idea of twin pipes out the back. I've got a standard 1600TP with twin 36 Dells.

Here you go chaps... Think this is the link you're looking for...

http://vintagespeed.com.tw/Exhaustsystem/Exhaustsystem-main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm gonna be in the market for an exhaust system sooner or later for my 2007cc (twin 44's) and had been thinking that a Py***n was the only option, but now maybe not :D

Merlydog said:
Just out of interest do the beetle tailpipes clear the bumper. I like the idea of twin pipes out the back. I've got a standard 1600TP with twin 36 Dells.

Yes they clear the bumper, i have a beetle backbox and converted some type3 tailpipes, it makes a nice deep sound and still sounds as a bus.
A standard bus has a single 32mm exhaust connection and a beetle has 2x 35mm connections back in the days Oettinger (okrasa) used the standard beetle backbox up to 2 litre engines!
A further plus is that you bring the gases outside the van instead of dragging them behind the van.
DSC00440.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

Latest posts