Deluxe belt line trim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vw_mad

Reaction score
Does any body have the measurements of each bit of trim to were that bits goes on the van please .
I have a rhd early bay but have 9 long lengths and just want to make sure I get them in the right place and also to check I have the right bits .
I am also missing a right hand side rear corner as I seem to have 2 left hand side rear corners .
Any help would be great before I start drilling holes in my van

This is some old info I found on another US forum:
Here are the measurements for the holes

I couldn't find the dressmaking tape measure so I had to use a steel rule, and some of the measurements might seem a bit odd, but they are as close as I could get using this rule, so hopefully they'll be useful

I don't have the original o/s cab door or the o/s sliding door cover so I wasn't able to get any measurements for them. I also didn't measure the o/s rear corner - but the hole positions looked the same as the n/s rear corner - but if you want me to measure them I will

I didn't measure the position of the holes - in relation the swage line as they looked bang on central to me.

cab door (n/s)
7 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 38mm from front edge of door
Centre of Hole 2 is 115mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 116mm from centre of Hole 2
Next there's a gap of 29mm from centre of Hole 3 to the left most edge of the wing mirror hole
There's also a 29mm gap from the right most edge of the wing mirror hole to the centre of Hole 4
Centre of Hole 5 is 233mm from centre of Hole 4
Centre of Hole 6 is 233mm from centre of Hole 5
Centre of Hole 7 is 233mm from centre of Hole 6
Finally there's a gap of 18mm from centre of Hole 7 to the right most edge of the door

b-post (n/s)
2 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 10mm from front edge of post
Centre of Hole 2 is 13mm from centre of Hole 1
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 2 to the right most edge of the post

sliding door (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 20mm from front edge of the door
Centre of Hole 2 is 295mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 295mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 295mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 295mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 20mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

sliding door cover (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 10mm from front edge of cover
Centre of Hole 2 is 297mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 300mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 300mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 280mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the cover

Rear corner (n/s)
4 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 20mm from front edge of seam
Centre of Hole 2 is 135mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 135mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 135mm from centre of Hole 3
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 4 to the edge of the panel

Rear hatch (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 27mm from front edge of hatch
Centre of Hole 2 is 300mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 300mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 300mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 300mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

sliding door (o/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 32mm from front edge of the door
Centre of Hole 2 is 297mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 297mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 297mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 297mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 18mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

I think i have a corner cant remember which side will take a look and get back to you

Thanks for checking for me .
I have this info for holes etc but just wanted to check lengths as I have some extra bits but they are all slightly different lengths

I fitted my old ones a few weeks ago and forgot where they all went. (Since I'd removed them)

If you go round the van like a jigsaw and hold them up against the body, most are pretty obvious which one goes where just for length. Took about 15mins to solve the puzzle if I remember.

Most stop where there are seam/panel joins etc which makes it easier

The door ones are obvious (shorter) the sliding door one has a curved end where it meets the hinge end.

Label them with a permanent marker when you've found which ones which, then it'll just rub off with a little spirit/thinner after you've fit them.

Some of the lengths given in the parts book:
http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/EarlyBaywindow/8-066.jpg
http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/EarlyBaywindow/8-069.jpg

Webbaldo said:
If you go round the van like a jigsaw and hold them up against the body, most are pretty obvious which one goes where just for length. Took about 15mins to solve the puzzle if I remember.

Label them with a permanent marker when you've found which ones which, then it'll just rub off with a little spirit/thinner after you've fit them.

That's exactly what we have done - almost to the letter. Now got to have the bravery to drill the new paint work :(

Davydomes said:
Webbaldo said:

That's exactly what we have done - almost to the letter. Now got to have the bravery to drill the new paint work :(

Nice sharp fresh drill bits and masking tape over the place of drilling and you'll be fine

Change the drillbits after every 20 or so holes. I just use the erbauer (spelling?) ones from screwfix.

Blunt ones are handy to keep for drilling plastic/fibreglass as they don't split it as easily

Latest posts