Devon Roof Hammock Questions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just purchased some hammocks off ebay and have a couple of questions for those with hammocks in their Devon roofs.

1) Firstly does anyone know if this material is original or someone has made some out of some old curtains.

Ham1.jpg

2) I'm looking to make some my self can anyone recommend and place to get material or any tips for making them?

3) Also I've offered them up in my bus and the bracket near the back seems to foul on my overhead locker I've just fitted. Is this because the locker should be flush with the roof cut out?

Ham2.jpg

4) is the window side of hammock attached with screw or rivets?

Thanks in advance.

Your rear top locker is not original and is a bit to far forward so that's why it catches.

Thanks for that, I thought that might be the case I better get the saw out and adjust it.. can anyone tell me if the locker should be flush with the roof aperture or further back?

I've removed the material from the bunks and I think they are definitely homemade looking at the stitching.. probably an old pair of curtains from the 70's. Also pricing up material and effort I'm thinking a pair from Heritage for £76.50 might be the way forward and let the kids decorate with some fabric paints to liven them up a bit.

Open to other suggestions if people have got them from elsewhere?

Cheers

Mine if I can remember and looking at my picture the locker is just level or a fraction back the front face of the hammock bracket :D

just been out & checked my Devon....the top locker has got to move back at least a 1/2 inch (might be 3/4)

check this supplier for fabric for the bunks, fairly simple to sew up
http://www.fabricuk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts