"Diego" - Our new 1972 LHD Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everbody. We are new members to the forum having recently purchased our 1972 LHD TIntop Westy fresh from the States (thanks to Graham at Midland Early Bay - top bloke)

Hopefully there is a photo attached (we have been trying to sort this for ages!!!!) of our new bay. Needless to say as this is our first bus therefore we will no doubt be asking for help over the coming months.

it needs some TLC but no welding :lol: :lol: apart from a bettery tray!

We will add some pics as things progress.

DSC00860.jpg

Hello and welcome 8) ask away!

Hi Graham & Tracey

Glad you registered on the forum, as others have said if you need any help either post on here or give me a call,

PS the other Early Bay on your road is owned by Dave who posts as Loweredlight on this forum, as I drove past the other day I recognised the van and dropped him a note so he will be wandering up to say hello

PPS Number Plate & GSF Catalogue went in the post yesterday,

Welcome aboard, any help you need give us a shout. Graham is a really helpful guy to know i speak from experience :D

Thanks everyone.

The bus has now had a polish and bits are already being removed!!! Gotta get the essentials sorted first, new lights, rubbers and a good check over for the MOT.

Typically the key does not fit all the locks. Hows the best way to sort them?

PS - Graham, thanks for posting the plate and Dave popped round last night after work to have a nosy at the competition! :lol: :lol: I think he might have been a bit late for his tea!!! :lol: :lol:

Tracey

Graham

Custom & Commercial sell replacement lock barrels and can provide a set of barrels to match a key so if you give them a key number you have then can supply matched locks for the other handles, you need a key code or a lock code to do this, if you want any more info on this give me a call,

Nice bus, Gotta love a tin top, whats it like inside ? and what aer your plans ?

also whats hiding in the garage?

:lol: Hi Tracey, Graham (tea was in the dog and we haven't got one!!!) nice to see you on here and good to have bay company in the road :D

You know where we live so you'll have to pop in.

This is a really friendly place to spend the night so welcome to "Earlybay world"

Dave.

As Loxy says, its a bit fiddly but a lot cheaper, take care and try to salvage as much as you can springs and wafers, if it looks like you need specific numbers let me know I've quite a few used and some new (hens teeth)....

http://www.hallvw.clara.net/lockpart.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for all your responses and help.

We are gonna give the locks a go. They don't work at the mo, so nothin to lose!!.

In answer to some of your questions, the car hiding in the garage is an MKGT1, graham's last project.

DSC00053.jpg

The interior is a bit rough front seats have had it and somebody seemed to think it would be a good idea to paint the cupbaords brown!!

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00869.jpg

As we had a liitle boy in Jan the MK is no longer practical for weekend fun and as Graham had always wanted a VW we have been to a couple of shows and been keeping an eye out for a solid bus.

As for our plans once its passed the MOT, we are gonna try and repair some of the dinks, dents and peeling paintwork, replace the rubber seals, frontseats, getting the engine running properly, give the inside a good clean & lower it. Hopefully then we can they use it over the summer to do some camping & some shows and collect the other bits we will need!!!!

If we are not bankrupt by then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since monday "Diego" has been mopped and polished and looks more at home already!

DSC00913.jpg

We'll let you know how we get on with locks.

Graham & Trace

Looking good after a polish :)

Latest posts