dilemma.....help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinworm

Reaction score
hello everyone...... fresh dilemma.....i still haven't found a bay that fits my budget yet . i now have a fresh problem..... need serious advice.... can a bay pull a trailer easily without causing any damage... my partner has suzuki sj off roader and would like a camper capable of towing a trailer with sj on it.... ideal for shows as we have vehicle to use in case we or anyone else should get stuck, also we can combine off road events and have somewhere to stay at the same time..... i hope you can help...my partner is leaning towards a t4 but i love my early bays. i know in marriage compromises are common place. :? :?

Stand strong soldier buying a T4 is like joining the catering cor if you want to be a front line marine get an early, they pull a trailer fine with no trouble fuel will be a bit heavier but that's the price of, now do yourself a favor marine and get an earlier and we'll have no more silly talk among this battalion now drop and give me 20 GGGRRRRRRRrrrr.

Mine pulls this without a problem. infact its easy to forget the trailer is behind you!!

SUL2012andvanpics006.jpg

If you get an early bay at least you will have a car (even if it is an off roader) to tow you home when you break down!!! :lol:

Obviously its a heart head thing really, I wouldn't want to pull anything more than a small trailer maybe upto 750kg with my EB but I have towed twin axle caravans, boats with better equiped cars/4x4's etc.

AGC is right they will tow a small (light) caravan/trailer but what is the weight of the car and trailer combo? Maximum towing weight of the van? total weight? These are all factors that need adressing before and decision is made.

Research into the safety aspects should take precedent over desire. :)

Our Early Bay will be towing a small ERDE 122 trailer with all our stuff on it! We went for a CSP disk brake kit just incase the extra weight overheated the standard drums, might have been overkill but better safe than sorry.

Wouldnt want brake fade on a scottish mountain road :shock:

an SJ and a trailer is a lot of weight, it will pull it but you wont be going up hills very fast.

Some guys use a camper to tow their race beetle on a trailer to drag meets. So its possible, but your MPG and speed will suffer. Sorry to say but if the towing is regular I think a T4 sounds better. :shock:

Subject: dilemma.....help

uber cool said:
an SJ and a trailer is a lot of weight, it will pull it but you wont be going up hills very fast.

Some guys use a camper to tow their race beetle on a trailer to drag meets. So its possible, but your MPG and speed will suffer. Sorry to say but if the towing is regular I think a T4 sounds better. :shock:

Sorry to say this, but I agree... I'm not sure towing a car on a trailer with an EB is a good idea... Small trailers and small caravans are fine... But I think what you are talking about would just be plain painful...

Also, get advice from your insurance company about how much, in terms of weight - braked and unbraked, they are happy fir you to tow--> this applies to ANY vehicle, not just an EB

Latest posts