Dirty Harry's westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aspro said:
Lowered or stock, there's no doubting this is one of my favourites around. Glad yoy had a nice time Harry.

See you in Hessisch?????

Thanks, sorry aspro no Hessich for me.

mychatype3 said:
Looking good, perfect weekend for a trip.
Thanks for the tent, will testing it on EBI5 ;)
Greetings mycha

Have fun with the tent Mycha and thanks again.

Cheers, Harry

Today i got my semi stock exhaust system under the bus again, the vintage speed had to go as it was too loud to me and there was no power gain infact i think that my current system performs better with my engine and it runs smoother!
Am i getting old? :mrgreen:

A friend took this pic at a local VW show.

1074295_10201778508003279_2121110096_o.jpg

Finally found the dealer plates from the dealer where my westy was sold when new :D
So my old ones are for sale.

Hey Paul, the high life is perfect!!
I can recommend this to anyone, so much better... 8) :mrgreen:

lovely shot of the camper, I'm trying to get my paint looking like yours but it's taking some time! good job on finding the supplying dealer surrounds, I need to find out where mine was sold from as want some plates for it but don't want to put on random ones!

Hi Alistair,

There are a few that i will post soon, but nearly sold the bus!! :oops: , last week i got an offer..... man that cost me 2 nights sleep thinking what to do as it was a huge offer :shock: :shock: but i came to my senses ;)
Your doing well with updating i see!!

Dirty Harry said:
Hi Alistair,

There are a few that i will post soon, but nearly sold the bus!! :oops: , last week i got an offer..... man that cost me 2 nights sleep thinking what to do as it was a huge offer :shock: :shock: but i came to my senses ;)
Your doing well with updating i see!!

Hi DH!

Wow! Nearly sold it?! Must have been a very good offer for you to loose sleep over it! Yours is one of the best Westys in the scene, a lot of love and time and effort has gone into the build, I can imagine it would cost quite a lot to replace it with something else and start again.....

Yes, I've been busy with new bits - but getting the time to fit them is another matter....Might get some done today - day off.

Look forward to seeing the new updates DH

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks for the kind words!
The offer caught me in a weak moment as i'm bussy renovating some rooms and bathroom of our house and there is no time for the bus right now!
Funny to mention is that i slept a week in the garaged bus due to the mess of the renovating work, that was fun the only problem is taking a leak at night :mrgreen:

Dirty Harry said:
Thanks for the kind words!
The offer caught me in a weak moment as i'm bussy renovating some rooms and bathroom of our house and there is no time for the bus right now!
Funny to mention is that i slept a week in the garaged bus due to the mess of the renovating work, that was fun the only problem is taking a leak at night :mrgreen:

Ah! A moment of weakness. I can imagine your thought process, especially if the bus isn't getting used, a little extra would help out the renovation for sure.

As for taking a leak - you need a little childs sand bucket.....that's alll we use at night - though we now have the luxury of a portapotty, which fits snug in the walkthrough.....just dont kick the bucket over.... :roll:

Cheers,

Alistair

Ok then a few updates!

First i mounted my Original dealer plate frames, it took me a few years to find them but the search paid off and the rear is a NOS one :mrgreen:

Secondly i installed one of Aspro's Revcounters this is a true masterpiece and it works/looks super :D

Hi Harry,
Yes your bus is very nice indeed. Nice touch getting the dealer plates too! I was wondering is the belt trim original? It looks like stainless steel. I am unsure whether to replace my original belt trim with stainless steel. I think the original looked like polished stainless steel anyway! Dilemma time... :cry:

LV

Dirty Harry said:
Ok then a few updates

Secondly i installed one of Aspro's Revcounters this is a true masterpiece and it works/looks super :D

Looking good Harry. Glad you didn't sell the bus and finally installed the tacho. :D

Latest posts