Dirty Harry's westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today i fitted/adjusted my vintage airway compass, now i know how to park the van at a campsite :mrgreen:

DSC01022.jpg

DSC01034.jpg

The big window was realy hard to remove and it popped out whitout a warning and i was lucky that i had 2 glass suckers outside the window that my mate could grap or else it would have been on the floor :shock:
DSC00872.jpg

DSC00873.jpg
[/quote]

Hi Harry,
How easy did it go back in ?? Im having a go this weekend if you have any tips for me!! :)

To get the big window in was pretty easy as i used the old seal but i heard horror stories when using new seals.
And some sex/medical waterbased lube will do the job ;)
Oh yeah and some sun makes the rubber more flexible, good luck!

This weekend was men's weekend :mrgreen:
With a few mates we went to a nice campsite next to the water for some grilling,chilling, canoeing and fishing....good times 8)

DSC01194.jpg

Covering the last miles before winter kicks in
DSC01286.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

Since fuel is not getting any cheaper i'm doing a few engine upgrades this winter.

Fit a 091 gearbox (lower RPM's saves fuel)
Fit thermostat and flaps (engine warms up faster so saving fuel)
Increase the compression ratio to about 1:8.5 (gives more torque/HP and saves fuel)
Fit a Oettinger style inlet air heating system (more power output and smoother running, especially during cooler/damp wheather)

This is the original Oettinger setup
oettinger.jpg

This is about how it will look in my engine bay
DSC01297-1.jpg

Just took some time looking through this thread. This is one of the tidiest westy's I've ever seen. You must be really happy with it.

Only probably with it being so sorted is there's not much left to do.

aspro said:
Just took some time looking through this thread. This is one of the tidiest westy's I've ever seen. You must be really happy with it.

Only probably with it being so sorted is there's not much left to do.

Thanks!

Installed the carb pre heating tubes, hot air is forced up the tubes by some pipes that run trough the rear engine tin, tested it and it works great :D :D
One item of my todo list :mrgreen:
DSC01371.jpg

Amazing van Harry. 8)

I take it you know there is a white Earlybay in the opening scene of the film?! :lol:

Happy New Year Ealybayers!!
Here is my last update of this year, this makes closing the sliding door so much easier especially if you have a campmobile.

DSC01420.jpg

Latest posts