DORMOBILE PICS PLEASE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good thread, a few of mine before starting a spruce up, during after (ish) still going really, inside to finnish.....

P1010015.jpg

TheBUsInside.jpg

P1010138-1.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

P1010077.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

DSCN29621.jpg

thru_a_lupe said:
glad mines not the only one that has a roof like this......

P1010077.jpg

:lol:

Yep not terminal and now mines been all cut out repaired i'll bee sealing it up with waxoil now.....

Nice original bus Rich :wink:

VeeDubMan said:
Rich Oakley said:

Rich - do you just lift your seat base up to make a full width bed? Just wondering what the extra cushion was on the cooler box area? Normally the bed lifts and slides over that area.

I am currently gearing towards this option to increase the bed size. It puts the whole of the seat (when in bed position) onto the table.

This picture of Trikky2's van is where I got the idea

18.jpg

have to say im keen on adding the above cushions to create a bigger bed :), just means more upholstery work and had enough of that for the moment

Rich Oakley said:
Danbury Doug said:
I was wondering when you were going to contribute to this thread Rich! :lol:

I might actually use it this year. I bought it a year ago and have done 600 miles.

I've only done one camping trip in the Danbury so far, to Kent. Oh and I went to Vanfest for the day. Other than that I've taken it for the odd 'spins'. Hopefully better weather for us, and more camping this year! :D

VeeDubMan said:
Rich Oakley said:

Rich - do you just lift your seat base up to make a full width bed? Just wondering what the extra cushion was on the cooler box area? Normally the bed lifts and slides over that area.

Yes, the previous owner had the extra cushion made for this. The spare wheel now lives in the storage box underneath the bed. It's nice to have the option of more room!

My 72 Crossover Pastel white and Turkis I've been told as I can't read the paint code on the tin written in pencil!!!!

IMG_3106-1-1.jpg

IMG_9063.jpg

are those rubber bungs that a few dormobile owners use to hold the roof down, worth getting??

just that ive found a place down here that stocks em for about £5 a pair.... so might get a few sets if anyone else wants a set

pinheaduk said:
are those rubber bungs that a few dormobile owners use to hold the roof down, worth getting??

just that ive found a place down here that stocks em for about £5 a pair.... so might get a few sets if anyone else wants a set

Yep, those rubber bungs are worth getting! It keeps the roof down at any speed.... I also have to small belts on the inside to keep the roof closed.

just got back from dubfreeze and seen doris in the flesh what a nice bus mate a credit to you
:D

Rich Oakley said:

Wow Rich, that is a really original van you have there. As you still have the original stick on plastic badges, is the paintwork original too? How many miles has it done?

With regards to the extra cushions to make a full size bed, this was a popular modification back in the 1970s. Ideally the extra cushion on the coolbox has to be a denser grade because its thicker and will deform more when you lay on it. It also needs to be tapering, thicker at the head end (yes your supposed to sleep with feet toward the back of the vehicle :lol: ) so it blends with the original bed. OK it works without but its more comfortable with.

Heres a few pictures of my Dormy,

PICT0077.jpg

19.jpg

08.jpg

if you want to see more then its in the gallery http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=1204" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Cheers freddie are you running 15 inch wheels and how have you lowered it mate cheers

wayne said:
Cheers freddie are you running 15 inch wheels and how have you lowered it mate cheers

Running standard 14 inch wheels, back lowered a couple of inches with ajustable spring plates, the front is just cut and welded on maximum drop (not the best way to do it) Im looking to get a narrow beam and drop spindles soon as i can afford it :)

hi guys just a quick update i should have my dormobile i a week then i will post some pics
:D :D

Latest posts