Dormobile Pop-Top Window Seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHewsonFamily

Reaction score
I have just had new seals put around the dormobile pop-top windows while my camper was in getting re-sprayed. The first time that it was left out in the rain the seals have leaked and there is water dripping onto the floor. It looks like it is coming from a gap in the top edge of the seal as it is not a continuous seal all the way round the window.

Have they been fitted incorrectly or is this a common problem? What is the best way to stop the seals leaking?

Do you means the plastic elevating windows? You're sure it's coming in through the seals, not one of the millions of bolt holes around the rooflights?

I've just re-done all the bolts on my roof with stainless ones but with a wipe of mastic, and nylon washers on each side to keep the water out - so far, so good...

If it's the glass windows, make sure the join in the seal is on the short sides of the glass, or on the side nearest the centre of the roof. If its on the side nearest the edge of the roof - water can pool inside the area when the roof is down (which is obviously 99% of the time) so better not to have the join there...

Its the glass windows seal. The join is on the long side of the glass towards the middle (upper) part of the roof. There is a pool of water in the lower right hand side of the window but it is leaking at the top, so I am guessing that the water is working through to the gap in the seal by capillary action.

I'll bung a bit of silicone sealant around the join and see if that stops it!

Latest posts