drive shaft length ????????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loweco customs

Reaction score
hiya. does anyone know how long the driveshafts are supposed to be on an early bay? i bought some new ones and they dont fit. :evil: just wanna check before i shout at parts supplier :mrgreen:
a measurement of the shaft would be good, if not cv to cv would be very helpfull.
thanks

its a manual box, what i wanna check is wether the shafts are for a vw!!! mine measure 510mm which doesnt leave much room for lateral movement. if it turns out that they are ok and im bein a div then cool beans ill make em fit. first bay you see and splits dont have em!!

According to the Bentley manual they should be 476mm end to end. Part number 211 501 211

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

thanks for that, it explains why they dont fit in the gap. i bought them from veedubmachine.co.uk offof ebay and apparently they fit all buses from 67 on. not mine tho.

loweco customs said:
thanks for that, it explains why they dont fit in the gap. i bought them from veedubmachine.co.uk offof ebay and apparently they fit all buses from 67 on. not mine tho.

According to the bentley they shouldn't fit any bus from 1967 on! It covers 67-79 and they all have the same size except autos as sparkywig said. A right side auto driveshaft should be 505mm

yeah man they are too long. i spent all day in the cold rewiring, fixing brakes, doing engine stuff, all so i can move the bay to get the split out to help out a mate with a wedding car, and the frikking driveshafts are wrong. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. im not a happy bunny. looks like im pushin tin tomorrow :(

spoke to the supplier today and he was very helpful and apologetic about the mix up, he thought that a type 2 was a type 25 so that could explain the wrong bits.

Thanks bro for helping me push the bus up the hill!!!!!

Latest posts