Driveshafts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gagvanman

Reaction score
Had the bus gearbox out to change the driveshaft oil seals. On reinstalling I notice there is some side to side play in the driveshafts.
Question is, how much side to side play should there be on the driveshaft?

Also If I have to replace, anyone had any experience of these:
https://www.veedubmachine.co.uk/drive-shaft-left-right-211501203-new-for-vw-transporter-t2-bay-window-bus-box-1967-79-1-6-1-7-1-8-2-0.html

Thanks

Not sure why, but you may notice movement more on one side. Don’t get upset as you need a fair bit of movement up down in and out. That’s a good little read that Mike over on the LateBay ^^^ as mentioned above. As the Late guys say, if it ain’t knocking , leave it alone, but if it ain’t been re greased for forty or fifty years, then maybe a little treat is on the cards :mrgreen: Praps a little grease while you is getting down and dirty :lol: I’m also thinking that a re grease on the original bits will maybe be longer lasting than a replacement set. As far as measurements, I think you just need to trust your ears on this one and not your eyes.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, Now?.? What sort of grease are we using ??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've had a split boot since I got my bus so I decided I'm replacing my boots this weekend...

Latest posts