DRLA 36 - jetting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dagboyblue said:
looking for a jetting combo for dellorto 36 drla's - want to get the best out of a 1641

got any ideas for the choke, main and idle

thanks

When i jetted my Weber 40 IDF's, i found alot of it to be trial and error to be honest because every engine will need different jets even if they are the same size, spec etc. Saying that, speak to Eurocarb and they will proberly be able to give you a rough guide. Be warned though jets are bloody expensive for what they are :(

Agree with what Westy R said above, once you have an idea of what you may need give me a shout because I have some spare jets, chokes etc
Alternatively buying a selection from alfa1750 on ebay + some spares to sell to make it cheaper may be the cheapest way.
Quite a few people on here (me included) have ordered parts or complete carbs from him & have received excellent service ;)

try here dude

http://www.raceshack.co.uk/content/view/41/42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i know thier rep isnt amazing at the mo but. if i find the other one ive been using ill stick it up. :)

here t'other one dude.

http://drlas.co.uk/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ash

No worries dude. Im getting a set from Alfa1750 in the next week or so ill let you know what he recommends as well.

Ash.

young_dubya said:
No worries dude. Im getting a set from Alfa1750 in the next week or so ill let you know what he recommends as well.

Ash.

Look on his "me" ebay page - he has some ball park settings on there, You wont regret getting your carbs from him ;) Might be worth getting a few different size main/idle jets & maybe even some chokes off him - if you don't need them you should easily get your money back selling them on. While you are at it ask for an anti-pulse valve - got mine free with the carbs.

Also his hex head mixture screws are supposed to be useful - thinking about a set myself.

young_dubya said:
What does the anti pulse valve do??

Assuming you are going to use a SVDA (vacuum & mech advance dizzy), which I believe most people will recommned - then it evens out the pulses as you only get 1/4 of the vacuum signal - some seem to think its no big deal - but if he can provide one for free (rather than £15 from Eurocarb) then its worth getting.

I get ya. ;)

Might get some extra bits anyway as im gona go 1776 when ive saved up for all the bits so itll be worth doing.

Just had a look at his ME bit and its the bomb!! :mrgreen:

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=alfa1750" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully going to be ordering tonight :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ordered these the other day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

They will be set up for a tuned 1600 and the only bits i need to fit them to a 1776 are the jets which where less than £8 and he threw in the pulse valve!!

Cheers dude.

young_dubya said:
Ordered these the other day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

They will be set up for a tuned 1600 and the only bits i need to fit them to a 1776 are the jets which where less than £8 and he threw in the pulse valve!!

Cheers dude.
8)

Latest posts