Dropped Spindle ?'s

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been a while....but now its time to order my drop spindles. Wish me luck! :)

Drop spindles have come a long way since this thread was started.

Now in Europe, machined flipped ball joint spindles made by Transporterhaus and a couple of others are the way to go.

Welded spindles are old news mainly used by the US guys and from the amount of emails I get if the exchange rate was better they'd be buying machined spindles from us.

Before

DSC01364.jpg

After lowering on the 2.5 WW spindles and creative adjustable springplates.

DSC00247.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Well, I fitted a red9 kit and I like the drop...only a mild 2,5 inches and one spline at the back. I like the looks with its 15 fuch replicas, and with 185,65 at the front and 195/65 at the rear it has a slight rake.... But most important, it is a bit "bouncy" at the front with the red9, no matter how I adjust it(so far),and I was considering getting Wwest dropped spindles to get the basically the same usable "drop" but with volkswagen's traditional comfort....
Sorry for the long post... I just wanted to share my thoughts...

ibérico said:
Well, I fitted a red9 kit and I like the drop...only a mild 2,5 inches and one spline at the back. I like the looks with its 15 fuch replicas, and with 185,65 at the front and 195/65 at the rear it has a slight rake.... But most important, it is a bit "bouncy" at the front with the red9, no matter how I adjust it(so far),and I was considering getting Wwest dropped spindles to get the basically the same usable "drop" but with volkswagen's traditional comfort....
Sorry for the long post... I just wanted to share my thoughts...

Just be aware that the WagenWest spindles widen the track by 12mm either side.

never posted pics after spindle install.
I love the mild drop, drives and rides great. It was just enough to level it out. no more "wheelie" up front

wagenwest and nate were great to deal with.

1124761.jpg

Latest posts