drums to discs and height change

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon jon

Reaction score
hi there looking for some advice on the best way to tackle a few plans i'm hatching.
What I want to do:
1. Lower the front end, just tolevel her up really (back sitting lower than the front) about 2" i think.
2. Change from drums to discs, the missus wont drive it and I would like them to work a bit better as well.

I dont particularly wont high powered anchors, just late bay ones would do, will they fit, or do I go for an adjuster or drop spindles havent got bucket loads to spend whts the best potion.
Cheers in advance JJ

if you want to stick with the wide five pattern then yourll need a csp kit, think your looking at around £650 plus master cylinder
if your changing to late bay stuff yourll need stub axles, discs, calipers, bearings and hubs.
stay away from the hard to get 72 only stuff and go for 73-79. id advise new disc's, calipers pads and bearings but your need second hand stub axles (spindles) and hubs.
you also need to change your master cylinder for a disc model one and possibly change the front hoses to dual circuit.
dont forget yourll need new wheels as well.
you can pick up steel bay wheels cheap or treat yourself to alloys

think ive covered everything! :lol:

Latest posts