Dubs at the Castle Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the event organiser I'd like to put the record straight regarding the thefts at DATC to try and stop exaggerated stories taking over! We had security overnight, these guys worked really hard, turning music down after hours, helping people back to their camp after a few too many drinkies, collecting in handbags, an Insulin bag, keys, credit cards, wallets, mobile phones, I-Pods and cameras that were left on the top field. They also took a 6yr old boy to the Royal Gwent Hospital after he shot himself in the ear with a BB Gun! There were 11 thefts reported to the Police, one I-Pad, keys (for some reason!!!) 3 cameras and bags went missing. One trader also had stock stolen. A number of these items were found yesterday afternoon by our litter picking staff and were returned to their owners. I am already in the process of setting up cabins in every field for next year with 24 hour security. However, I must stress that individuals need to safeguard themselves by locking valuables away and keeping them out of sight. The lesson to be learned is that unfortunately there are scumbags in society that will try and spoil things for everyone. Lets talk about the positives from the weekend and thank God that the sun made an appearance A big thank you to everyone that came to our 5th year, a Bang Tidy weekend! Dave

Hi Dave , just like to say that me and the wife and kids had a Brilliant time this weekend. You certainly must have worked hard arranging the show logistics and getting the event team security ect together for that chilled out feeling all weekend.
Personally I will be measuring all other Vw that we go to in the future against Dubs.

Belting weekend!

Great show , Great company = Great time had by All.

Congrats to all of the event winners there were some really nice buses there this year :D

Ps When next years tickets are on sale , we will definitely be booking up !

Nice simple fix then

Oh and it was Panzer & Clem who pushed

Just

whoops , cheers Panzer also

Dave
What toffo said. We had a ball from the moment we got there to the moment we had to pack up. We never saw any trouble or any bad vibe. We'll be deffo booking again. Yours and the teams work obviously paid off so keep on keeping on as it's now the first show in our diary.

Cheers
Gary

Sounds and looks like a brilliant show, really gutted we couldn't go. Need to get the date in the diary early for next year so it doesn't clash with our holidays lie this year. EB line up looks 8)

is said:
sparkywig said:
is said:
a Bang Tidy weekend! Dave

It was. :)

Thanks bud ;)

Would love to hear any Good or bad things so we can Get Better again Next Year :mrgreen:

Had an absolutely awesome weekend! It was our 1st Dubs @ the Castle and will definitely be booking well in advance next year...
I think a program or even a downloadable time of events would benefit everyone, nearly missed the bike show on Saturday!

Also, what happened to the Keith Lemon party, Rhodes4130 was mortified when it dawned on him that he may have put a bit too much effort into it :shock: :shock: :shock:

[youtube]ZalleviaJTw[/youtube]

Not sure why the Hulk Hogan dude was there :lol:

2012-07-21204220.jpg

Nik

Thanks to Ozzie for being Callum's new buddy, funniest thing was he saw you walking about and said 'there my friends dad' :lol:

Few of mine

006-24.jpg

009-21.jpg

010-22.jpg

011-16.jpg

003-33.jpg

008-20.jpg

012-13.jpg

013-12.jpg

014-11.jpg

Just

Wish I had gone to this instead of Bug (mud) Jam! ...know what I'll be doing next year.

We had a great time and will defo be back.Glad we decided to stay on in Wales for a week so enjoying the sunshine in Builth.Can we have a real ale tent please Dave as the larger and cider drinkers were very well catered for

I just want to say thanks to Dave and everyone in the Early Bay VIP section who made us welcome. It was good to put faces to the names on this site. We had a fab time and will be back. Cheers :D

My bus is on the left :), as ever this was an awesome show, we had a really good time, helped by the weather, I did manage to chart to a few Early Bayers, but I was entertaining my wife's friends who had never been to a VW show before so had to spend time with them most of the time. Bring on next year :D

003-33.jpg

8) Great pictures. Looks like it was a great show. Can't believe we missed the best weekends weather at a show..... :evil: ....doh!

An absolute belter of a weekend was had by me and the kids. Thanks goes to Dave and everyone else who helped to make the show another memorable one. Met some great people;Last Panzer, Simo, Toffo, Funky Llama, Heebee GB, Ozzie, Creation Blue and Strutt to name a few.

I haven't laughed so much than when we were sat around sunday nights campfire.

Anyhoo, here's some pics.

DubsatBerkeley20111285.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111286.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111287.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111293.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111288.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111311.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111321.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111322.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111332.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111328.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111349.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111353.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111366.jpg

DubsatBerkeley20111371.jpg

Nice pics Barry, what is it with my boot? Jim took exactly the same picture....
Same time next year?

We got home yesterday after going on to Corwall for the week 8) 8)
Some more pics

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

Then a couple from Cornwall

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

How good was Dubsatthecastle 8) 8) 8)
Deffo my fav show of the year. Dave, Jon and all the team work non stop all the time to make sure every showgoer is having a great time and i cannot recomend this show enough to anyone thinking about going next year!
Luv'd it, met some great poeple again , and to those that was there - sun night was EPIC :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pyrotechnics anyone :msn4:
P.s. - whats a gimp :lol:

Latest posts