Dubs at the park, did it get rained off......??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike F said:
Can you confirm the winners of the sections of interest to us?

I'm sure Steve will correct me if he needs to but from what I can remember it was as follows...

Best Type 1 Beetle - the black & beige B289 Bug on hydraulics with suicide doors...all the way from the Isle of Wight

Best Type 2 Bay - me!

Best Type 2 Split - ivory coloured, red & white interior

Best Ghia - ivory coloured, red & white interior

Best Type 25 - black, black wheels, German plates, very nice

Best Baja/Buggy/Kit - pink Baja

Best Golf - green coloured Golf Syncro

Best New Beetle - black, 20" rims, Chinese graphics

Best Type 3, Best Interior, Most Wanted - red Notchback

Best Other Watercooled - green metallic Derby

That's all I can remember...

Hey - the owner's back!

10.jpg

Winners list looks good to me, tbh I kinda forgot who won what after Paul and the Forum upheld EB honour 8)

I got there late due to family stuff and seemed to bring the better weather with me but all in all a good turn out considering. Met Speedman but missed everyone else, I think they were all hiding away from the rain!

Slammed - yes, the green thing wasn't the greatest, and saw his dash board, looked very much like yours! Those spinnny wheel things were a touch though!

Band was good and some really nice VWs, especially the red notchback????

Anyway, some piccies will be uploaded into the gallery in a few minutes.

olance said:
Slammed - yes, the green thing wasn't the greatest, and saw his dash board, looked very much like yours! Those spinnny wheel things were a touch though!

quote]

how was it like mine??

mines standard apart from the tacho

i think he means me, guy copied my caddy tailgate script on the dash! :evil:

unless of course your vans been chaved up? :lol:

slammed - maybe getting confused. Do you have a dash with VOLKSWAGEN printed into it???? I've definitely seen it on here somewhere.

I didn't get to check out your van in the flesh as you'd disappearewd by bthe time i golt back from wandering round. No offense, though, wouldn't dream of comparing yours to the green machine!

If not then I'm thinking of another van. I saw inside his van I think he had this.

me, slammedkustom...i have the volkswagen script dash. my bus is my avater. peach panel van

slammedresto has a beige westy as in his avater. standard dash

the confusion is due to the shortening of the user name to "slammed"

hope that sorts it, no one has a bus like the green bogey wagen (thank god!)

No & with a bit of luck it'll be the last time he pushes his way into our lineup. Where was he in the rain with cups of tea & spanners? :lol:

The chavwagen looks to have a step bumper from my antipodean viewpoint? So doesn't that count as an early? The spinners would get him banned in my book though. Not to mention inflicting shithead music on your neighbours.
There is a dude here who has a baja and does the same crap with the music. Windows open and the same cd on endless repeat all day.

Fookin eedjit.

You know why they call em bajas?
. Cause they can't spell ABOMINATION.

slammedkustom said:
the nasty late bay, metallic green chav wagon, spinners n a loud sound system.
ive got a loud system but im sure not everyone wants my music being felt 100 yards away!

anyway im biased, the git nicked a lot of my ideas and claimed them as his own! :evil:

joined the line up and kept moving around to get the best (most annoying?) spot

Ah, you're just jealous. I heard the truth is you copied all his ideas, and his dad beat your dad up! :wink: :lol:

grrr :evil: , my dads bigger than your dad! mind you he is bigger than most dads.
a big chunky monkey he is! :wink:

it was crap weather but the turn out was really good

i did have a good look at the line up wishing i had my ealry bay with me, but sorry to say i had to turn up in a watercooled but it was worth it as i got BEST OTHER WATERCOOLED CAR.
maybe next year i can tuen up in my bay :lol:

Latest posts