Early Bay Christmas Meet Sun 4th Dec 2011@ American Diner

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55ovalcharlie said:
ive just called horty and he will do rear jail bars for £30 instead of £40 if you can pick them up off me tomorrow.

Let me know either was asap though as I am seeing him in a couple of hours time.

Same for anyone else - drop me a message if you need anything collecting :)

i.e. jail bars, coolers, westy racks .......

Man, I came out of the Diner after the Trophy ceremony and y'man had high tailed it! I hadn't seen this post til now. Had the cash burning a hole too! :roll: I just got carried away lookin at all those cool buses. I'll post some photo's when they've finished uploading.

I was late leaving :roll: and had to cane the ol girl a bit to get there in reasonable time. She responded really well and I was touching 80 down the hills. (that'll be 70 ish in real MPH).
Here's a few more shots. Had a great time. Nice to see you Deano, Matt Maz and Pete B :D
Worthy winner IMHO!
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011139.jpg

EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011123.jpg

EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011122.jpg

Matt Maz 2nd prize got my vote too :D I love this Bus 8)
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011137.jpg

3rd the cool Red Westy 8) I think it was this one, there were a few cool Red buses!
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011131.jpg

The stance Queen! 8)
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011118.jpg

Just a super cool bus 8)
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011134.jpg

My current screen background :D
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011125.jpg

Gorgeous rear ends!
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011145.jpg

EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011147.jpg

Yum, the food was gooood!
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011164.jpg

And then there were two. I had to get a shot next to this one :D
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011173.jpg

Pete, I forgot the tow rope, did you make it home ok? (Alfa in the background)
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011171.jpg

Great to be there. Thanks to everyone who helped organise the day and to all the staff at the Diner. I look forward to the Summer meet.
Oh, and I gotta get me a narrowed beam for next season :roll:

Thanks to everyone who prepared the vans for the show n shine and the 3 worthy winners. Nice to see some new faces and old one as well , a big thanks to Gadget and Mrs Gadget for organizing everything
Stuart/Drew

http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Barkafer said:
55ovalcharlie said:
ive just called horty and he will do rear jail bars for £30 instead of £40 if you can pick them up off me tomorrow.

Let me know either was asap though as I am seeing him in a couple of hours time.

Same for anyone else - drop me a message if you need anything collecting :)

i.e. jail bars, coolers, westy racks .......

Man, I came out of the Diner after the Trophy ceremony and y'man had high tailed it! I hadn't seen this post til now. Had the cash burning a hole too! :roll: I just got carried away lookin at all those cool buses. I'll post some photo's when they've finished uploading.

Bugger! I just assumed that you weren't there as I hadn heard from anyone in the couple of hours we were there. Drop Horty a pm. I'm sure he will be able to sort something out for you.

Great day out. Thanks to all concerned for organising it :)

midlandpaintwerks said:
Thanks to everyone who prepared the vans for the show n shine and the 3 worthy winners. Nice to see some new faces and old one as well , a big thanks to Gadget and Mrs Gadget for organizing everything
Stuart/Drew

http://www.midlandpaintwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers for the little trophy! was an awesome day! : )

Barkafer said:
Pete, I forgot the tow rope, did you make it home ok? (Alfa in the background)
EB50SAmericanDinermeetxmas2011171.jpg

Yeah, got home in the end. Sat nav threw a wobbly and took us who knows where across country, took half an hour longer to get home than to get there. Hadn't got a clue where we were until reaching the railway crossing in Oakham!!! :lol:

Was a good day out, nice to catch up with folk but as always never enough time to meet as many 'new' faces as I would have liked. Didn't realise Ozziedog was Ozziedog until he was driving out of the carpark and missed getting a chat with dodge6x6 and checking out his Corvair engined timewarp! Sounded lovely as it drove off up the road.

Thanks to all involved with this event and it was nice to meet Mrs Gadget, proof, despite the rumours, that Deano isn't really gay!!! :D

Had a great time, made new friends, ate well. What can i say, brilliant day!

Thank you for organising it.

Slight mishap on way home, accelerator linkage decided to come apart on M1 at 65mph!
Luckly I managed to put it back together on hard shoulder, still missing a clip but got home.

did any get a pic of my engine bay , :lol: mine was the neptune blue devon with the lid up i forgot my camera

Thanks Gadget and all involved for a good day out!
Some very nice vans there...just didn't get enought time to look at them all properly thanks to my cold daughter!! She did enjoy the day out in the van though :D
Thanks also to 67Panel for the part, and the nice family that let me and my daughter perch at the end of their table (sorry didn't even get your names :oops: )

Id like to Thank you all for making the effort to get to the diner and Because we all turned up at 11.05 on the dot it was a shock for all the staff, as They hadnt all got there by then . Even so the service IMHO was as Ever top notch and the food amazing , Thats why i keep organising these do's at the diner .

I'd really like to Thank Midland Paintwerks, and Slamwerks for there trophys as it was done outta there own pockets and the fact that both companies wanted to put a little bit back into the '' Scene '' ;) 8) Theres definatly a lesson for others there :mrgreen:

Also Id like to thank Jeff ( The head chef in the red glasses ) and Trish ( Head of everyone :lol: and lady with the glasses behind the counter) For agreeing to have 70 people storm there gorgeous restaurant, if you were inside at 12.30pm the heat inside was unbeleviable .

Finally I'd like to Thank Mrs Gadget ( Claire ) whom has had to put up with me fretting an moaning about it all for 2 1/2 months and printing/organising the show flyers , helping to sort out the winning numbers as I was knackered by this point and pushing me to get a bloody move on on sunday morning when I had a hangover from saturday night ......

One more thing Im going to try and organise a summer version , But for a weekend somewhere in the midlands so its central to everyone with a fri nite booze up a saturday cruise out to a certain diner and a sunday recover/ home ward bound journey so please Keep watching ;)

:mrgreen:

P.S Ozzie Dog......

I will strike down with great vengance and furious anger anyone who trys to run over me..........

:lol: :D ;)

Gadget, Now getting a Xmas break

I couldnt make it, due to 'stuff', but big thanks to Dean for sorting this out and providing a good off season trip out for the hardcore forum users - nice one!

DSCN3575.jpg

DSCN3576.jpg

DSCN3514.jpg

DSCN3515.jpg

DSCN3516.jpg

DSCN3517.jpg

DSCN3518.jpg

DSCN3519.jpg

DSCN3569.jpg

DSCN3520.jpg

The LOW Line up...!! ;)
DSCN3521.jpg

Gorgeous single cab..!! :D
DSCN3523.jpg

DSCN3524.jpg

DSCN3563.jpg

More to come..!! Post these before the laptop crashes AGAIN..!!! LoL :lol:

Round 2...!!! :D
Great Bay, Great colour...!! :)
DSCN3525.jpg

DSCN3526.jpg

DSCN3527.jpg

DSCN3528.jpg

DSCN3573.jpg

DSCN3529.jpg

Great rack...!! :lol:
DSCN3530.jpg

The worthy champ..!! 8)
DSCN3532.jpg

The dirt track line up, led by the best stance winner..!! :)
DSCN3533.jpg

DSCN3534.jpg

Is it me or can you see a Salamander climbing up the front..!!?? :lol:
DSCN3552.jpg

DSCN3555.jpg

DSCN3554.jpg

DSCN3553.jpg

Lobie's shiny new engine...!!!
DSCN3564.jpg

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3535.jpg

I'm loading as fast as i can...!!!?? Bloody slow DONGLE...!!! :evil: :lol:

Nice rear ends...!! ;) ;)
DSCN3542.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

DSCN3544.jpg

Not bad up front either..!! :shock:
DSCN3546.jpg

DSCN3547.jpg

This reminds me of the hoverboard in "Back to the Future"..!!?? :lol: :lol: 8)
DSCN3557.jpg

DSCN3550.jpg

Road kill, what road kill..!! Luv it..!! :D :lol:
DSCN3540.jpg

DSCN3559.jpg

DSCN3560.jpg

DSCN3562.jpg

DSCN3565.jpg

DSCN3566.jpg

DSCN3567.jpg

DSCN3574.jpg

DSCN3568.jpg

DSCN3570.jpg

DSCN3571.jpg

DSCN3572.jpg

Well thats ALL folks...!! I hope i got all of but if i missed you, Soz...!! :roll: :lol:

I counted 22 Buses in total (bit bored on the night shift tonight). I think there was nice lookin blue Alien there too ;) , making a grand total of 23 Buses in all.
My four year old saw the photo's and wants me to take him there :roll: Next year.

Latest posts