early bay in terrace front garden for years....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
Hi all,
took the bus out yesterday for a run to Chester. I've been going along this road since a lad and for as long as I remember,their has been an early Bay in the garden of a terrace house,behind a wall.Don't have a clue how they even got it in there but would love to know thru story,especially as its foreign!!

its a LHD,judging by the plates I think it may be dutch? (happy to be corrected?).

I used to come along that road as a kid on the double decked bus,I'm 37 years old and its been there for as long as I can remember. Its on a main road,clearly visible so no doubt many people have tried to buy it but with respect to the occupants, I think they might be of the 'horder' type looking at the property & garden. So it dawned on me last night, that I've never photographed it.

here it is.can anyone tell from the pics any details about the bus...

1f66484e-95ac-81c7.jpg

1f66484e-95c4-9d6a.jpg

1f66484e-95d8-45d6.jpg

Don't know anything about the bus but I'm a nosey git , if I see something like that I have to go and knock on the door.

Dare you , !!! :lol: you've been wanting to for so long !

How the heck would a buyer move it? :roll: Even the cat in the picture has a puzzled look :lol: .

There has to be a story here and it would be a great one for C&B to cover for a change...the bus that hasn't done anything for years.

Mickey Sam said:
Dare you , !!! :lol: you've been wanting to for so long !

I know! I know! :| I'm scared in case they want to sell it,as I couldn't take it on.however the curiosity is eating away at me.

can you see the bellows sticking out of the front....what conversion is that then?.....:mrgreen:......

Delilahtoo said:
How the heck would a buyer move it? :roll:

There has to be a story here and it would be a great one for C&B to cover for a change...the bus that hasn't done anything for years.

just think...It might be solid underneath.I think it would have to be a hiab to get that out.strap it underneath and lift it onto the flatbed. The owner my let me take it in exchange for clearing the front garden :mrgreen:
Actually surprised nobody has ever complained enough to get it shifted......:idea: hmmm

Yeah That WOULD make a nice story,but if you want a story about a bus that doesn't do anything for years.....just take your bus to the place that restored mine...then it won't do anything for years :mad:

I think its stuck there, as they cant move that front wall due to the early 'Banksy' on it ....

Why would anyone want that blocking out the natural light into the front window for all that time? I guess they must be hoarders, thinking about it :( Be prepared, should you decide to knock on. It'll be a shed. The roof/gutters look fubared for a start.

I went to see a van a few years back in Cheltenham. I got there and another bloke was waiting to view as well. The owner led us though his terraced house into the back garden where it sat. He reckoned he'd bridged the gap some years back with the house next door and it would be a days work to dismantle the garage facias to get the van out! :D The other guy was ineterested, so I let him have it .... :lol:

This is round the corner from me. The guy has an agreement with the next door neighbour. They have a fence and he drives (drove) it in via next door. He has had a few busses over the years so it's not the same bus from 30 odd years ago. I know a guy who knows a guy who might be able to glean some more info.

I'll see what I can find out.

Rich.

When I was a kid in Abergavenny there used to be an old blue Aston Martin in a space between 2 houses on Brecon road, used to dream about buying it for peanuts and restoring it. Never did know what happened to it.
In windermere theres a cross-over double cab that has a body drop (thanks to rust, not design) and in a lock-up behind that a splitty, not to mention the T25 that the bloke just parked up in front of the dc and will probably rust to oblivion too.

The pop top looks like a late bay 76 and onwards Devon going by the shape and size of it. The colour of the bit of bellows hanging out would say about the same as well. One of the nicest fibreglass pop tops IMO. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Guess what pop top I got ??? :lol: ;) :lol:

Latest posts