• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay LHD Throttle kits ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpenceBoosDad said:
Ordered thru your new website!

Nice one

Spence
Nice one , atleast i know it works from a buying point of view , will post out in the morning , thanks again ...

To anyone who fancies visiting the site its http://www.buttysbits.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; not everything on there at the mo , kind of finding my way with it all , slowly ....

butty said:
SpenceBoosDad said:
Ordered thru your new website!

Nice one

Spence
Nice one , atleast i know it works from a buying point of view , will post out in the morning , thanks again ...

To anyone who fancies visiting the site its http://www.buttysvwparts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; not everything on there at the mo , kind of finding my way with it all , slowly ....

Arrived this morning :D

What a quality piece if kit.....

Gonna either fit in an hour or so if it stops raining
Otherwise will sort it out on Sunday morning with a hangover!

Thanks again

Spence

Received mine the other day. Looks a well made bit of kit....cant wait to get it fitted and feel the benefits!!

lard said:
Got mine and fitted yesterday nice smooth throttle action!
Nice one , no big issues fitting it ? I have done several but not had many other people get back to me on there experiences of fitting . Cheers For posting ....

butty said:
lard said:
Got mine and fitted yesterday nice smooth throttle action!
Nice one , no big issues fitting it ? I have done several but not had many other people get back to me on there experiences of fitting . Cheers For posting ....

Hi - no issues at all - had to look at the youtube video to work out which way round it went, though thats slightly different as it's a split but some final thought and it made sense the way round it goes, to be honest an idiots guide would be good but it's not hard to figure out, more for reassurance really!

When its a bit dryer I will do a step by step how to and some pictures of it fitted etc . Thanks for that .

Fitted mine today!

Totally easy-peasy including fitting the return spring.
Didn't need to remove the top ball-joint either. What I did was lube up the inside of the rubber gaitor with copper slip, just took off the top ball-joint clip and the top ball-joint went through no problem - put the clip back on and cool.

I've just got a slight issue totally unrelated to the kit though - my throttle cable had jammed - I'm guessing this could have been what helped my original linkage fail.....

Had to give it a hefty pull with some pliers to release it.
Think I need to establish where the problem is - may need a new cable.
The pipe at back of the fan housing seemed a bit loose - is this normal????

Spence

SpenceBoosDad said:
Fitted mine today!

Totally easy-peasy including fitting the return spring.
Didn't need to remove the top ball-joint either. What I did was lube up the inside of the rubber gaitor with copper slip, just took off the top ball-joint clip and the top ball-joint went through no problem - put the clip back on and cool.

I've just got a slight issue totally unrelated to the kit though - my throttle cable had jammed - I'm guessing this could have been what helped my original linkage fail.....

Had to give it a hefty pull with some pliers to release it.
Think I need to establish where the problem is - may need a new cable.
The pipe at back of the fan housing seemed a bit loose - is this normal????

Spence
Nice one Spence glad you fitted it ok ..

On the last bus i fitted one on it had a very stiff cable aswell , i ended up putting 3in1 oil into the throttle cable tube that comes out the back end of the chassis , let it soak in and is nice and smooth now , think it had hardened dried out sand etc in there .

Picture for anyone wanting to see how it mounts , position etc .
20121117_105411_zps2acdf257.jpg

Just ordered one butts...

This was actually the final straw when I almost sold my bus lol.. It's a long story but I've been through three linkage levers from a major aftermarket parts supplier for Vw's. The first two snapped before I even got off the drive, the third one was welded by the company, a fantastic gesture I thought and surely that will do the trick?! It lasted around 2-300 miles then snapped again 1 mile away from my new house on moving in day!! I wasn't a happy bunny as you can appreciate having had a very stressful day.
Just thought I'd share as my personal experience is the after market parts for the linkage kit is tosh, I've only heard good stuff about these both here and on SSVC so I'm looking forward to getting it fitted and forgetting about it.
Thanks Butty.

Merlydog said:
Just ordered one butts...

This was actually the final straw when I almost sold my bus lol.. It's a long story but I've been through three linkage levers from a major aftermarket parts supplier for Vw's. The first two snapped before I even got off the drive, the third one was welded by the company, a fantastic gesture I thought and surely that will do the trick?! It lasted around 2-300 miles then snapped again 1 mile away from my new house on moving in day!! I wasn't a happy bunny as you can appreciate having had a very stressful day.
Just thought I'd share as my personal experience is the after market parts for the linkage kit is tosh, I've only heard good stuff about these both here and on SSVC so I'm looking forward to getting it fitted and forgetting about it.
Thanks Butty.
Cheers . I would also try lubricating the cable tubes aswell . Sounds like youve been having fun . When it was working was the cable hard to pull ? As in if you took cable off at pedal end and pulled it , did it move back and forward easily ?
Kit will be on its way in the morning , cheers Simon .

Cable is free as a bird Simon yep :D It actually worked fine with the og lever I had but that had started to get grooves in it, I'd bodged it with washers and spacers one too many times to try and salvage it, so it was time for a new one. That's when it all started :shock:

I'm really interested in one of these. Can I just check that it will definitely fit an early 68MY? I bought a few bits a while back to replace worn parts but I seem to remember that the linkage I had was pretty different to what was on the VWHeritage site diagrams so the parts didn't fit :roll:

I guess I need to crawl under the bus at some point and have a look :)

67westy said:
I'm really interested in one of these. Can I just check that it will definitely fit an early 68MY? I bought a few bits a while back to replace worn parts but I seem to remember that the linkage I had was pretty different to what was on the VWHeritage site diagrams so the parts didn't fit :roll:

I guess I need to crawl under the bus at some point and have a look :)
Im pretty sure it will fit . But as with everything I sell if it doesn't work for you bung it back for a full refund .