• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay LHD Throttle kits ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merlydog said:
Cable is free as a bird Simon yep :D It actually worked fine with the og lever I had but that had started to get grooves in it, I'd bodged it with washers and spacers one too many times to try and salvage it, so it was time for a new one. That's when it all started :shock:
In that case this will work fine .

butty said:
67westy said:
I'm really interested in one of these. Can I just check that it will definitely fit an early 68MY? I bought a few bits a while back to replace worn parts but I seem to remember that the linkage I had was pretty different to what was on the VWHeritage site diagrams so the parts didn't fit :roll:

I guess I need to crawl under the bus at some point and have a look :)
Im pretty sure it will fit . But as with everything I sell if it doesn't work for you bung it back for a full refund .

Top man, that's the kind of service I like :D I'll put in an order now although I probably wont be fitting for a couple of months. Hope that is still ok!

67westy said:
butty said:
67westy said:
I'm really interested in one of these. Can I just check that it will definitely fit an early 68MY? I bought a few bits a while back to replace worn parts but I seem to remember that the linkage I had was pretty different to what was on the VWHeritage site diagrams so the parts didn't fit :roll:

I guess I need to crawl under the bus at some point and have a look :)
Im pretty sure it will fit . But as with everything I sell if it doesn't work for you bung it back for a full refund .

Top man, that's the kind of service I like :D I'll put in an order now although I probably wont be fitting for a couple of months. Hope that is still ok!
Sure it is .

sparkywig said:
mozzie said:
Do you do these kits for R/hand drive busses as well?
Pm sent

Join the queue. :)
Ha Ha i thought i was the queue lol. My mate did an awesome Mitsibishi L300 custom pedal conversion that works great but just takes a long time and a lot of mucking around to do it.

Rhd ones are being looked at , bit more work , and i`m not 100% sure exactly what the issues are with them .
IMG_20130109_184411_zps7d076b57.jpg

The long rods are at the platers now , i have rose joints sorted . I think you can use the same pivot plate as the lhd ones . So these shafts are adjustable in length , and the pedal rod is the same as the lhd one aswell , so i think i am getting close , but i am also working on rhd split bus ones aswell ...... :roll:

butty said:
Rhd ones are being looked at , bit more work , and i`m not 100% sure exactly what the issues are with them .
IMG_20130109_184411_zps7d076b57.jpg

The long rods are at the platers now , i have rose joints sorted . I think you can use the same pivot plate as the lhd ones . So these shafts are adjustable in length , and the pedal rod is the same as the lhd one aswell , so i think i am getting close , but i am also working on rhd split bus ones aswell ...... :roll:

Awesome mate that sounds great well I will keep an eye out on this thread

Nicely parcelled Butty arrived today matey thank you. Will fit over the weekend :)

A2DE5AA5-970C-4FBF-9E28-9DF1BFF23D6D-21109-0000143614D5D9EC.jpg

All fitted and I can honestly say in the three years I've owned the bus its the best pedal action I've ever had! Brilliant, thank you butty!

Rhd earlybay kit fitted .....
20130202_115240-1.jpg

20130202_121533.jpg

Fitted up nice and easy , had an issue with the pedal being worn was pushing the pivot over on full throttle but sorted now .
The long rod is adjustable so tweeking is very easy to do .
Anyone fitting any of these kits please make sure your pedal and hinge is in good order .

butty said:
Rhd earlybay kit fitted .....
20130202_115240-1.jpg

20130202_121533.jpg

Fitted up nice and easy , had an issue with the pedal being worn was pushing the pivot over on full throttle but sorted now .
The long rod is adjustable so tweeking is very easy to do .
Anyone fitting any of these kits please make sure your pedal and hinge is in good order .

Sweet :mrgreen: are these ready to go or still at prototype stage? Maybe I can have full use of my throttle soon :lol:

Shaun

Rhd unit looking good
When are you going to start selling these units .

I would ideally like to fit another bus with one , im a little concerned with the fact that most buses have had the repair kit fitted and that means the original mount has to be cut off and a new one welded on , my concern is that its hard to weld the mount on so i think that not all buses will have the mount in the correct place ...
If any of you rhd owners can and have the time take a picture of the swivel/mount on your bus and mail it to me ... [email protected]
The part i need info on is the top hat section welded to the underside of the cab floor . Once i have a bit more info i can finalise the finished kit .

Just getting my camera will send pictures over to you. My setup has been altered by a company that fitted my carbs but still crap.

vw_mad said:
Pictures sent over hope they help
Fantastic and highlights the issues that are out there , and the issues im going to have if i start selling these . Is easier with the LHD boys and girls because the mount on the floor is never touched . Same goes for splits .
Where is it you live ? If i had your bus for an hour or two i could sort it out a treat im sure . Keep the pictures coming guys . All helps me to work out whats going on out there .

Latest posts