• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay LHD Throttle kits ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello
mine arrived today so as the mrs and kids were out when i got home i fitted it
very simple job and fitted perfect
and what a differance it makes :shock:
no more rattling pedal and so much smoother
thanks again butty
norm :D

Don't know if it helps, but I've found on my RHD van (with at least 254000 miles under its belt) the pivot/bar going through the chassis rail in the far left of the picture below also has an awful lot of slop in it. From what I can see, does the RHD kit affect this part? :)

20130202_121533.jpg

Very interested in getting more than half throttle on my engine :lol:

Who fancies testing one of the rhd kits , but conditions are it needs to be an unmolested under floor section , and i need photos before i will post kit out , i looked at 4 different vans yesterday and they all looked a bit different to each other which makes me doing these kits a nightmare ....
Also you need to be fitting the kit very soon ...
I have enough parts for 3 kits but more parts are on order .
The kit can be fitted to buses that have been repaired before but you will need to be willing to do a bit of tweeking , the tweeking is around the mount/pivot itself , some buses can use the flat left hand drive mount , but others will need the cranked type as above in previous post .
These issues are because alot of buses have had either bits of floor replaced or throttle kits have worn out before and to fit new kits you need to grind off the old mounts and weld/screw new ones on , hence mounts being in various positions .
So if your able to send some pictures i will possibly have a good idea as to what type of kit your going to need .
All the other kits are just bolt up and go , but not you early rhd guys ....

If it stops raining I'll jack her up and get some pics and fingers crossed it will be suitable.

Mark

I would like to give one a go.
I know that the top hat section needs to be moved back into the position you showed me and the end pivot unit needs to be turned round 180 etc.
you have my pictures etc sent them last week.
Let me know .
Thanks Richard.

Tofufi said:
Don't know if it helps, but I've found on my RHD van (with at least 254000 miles under its belt) the pivot/bar going through the chassis rail in the far left of the picture below also has an awful lot of slop in it. From what I can see, does the RHD kit affect this part? :)

Very interested in getting more than half throttle on my engine :lol:

This will not remove that sloppy part , but i do have a plan to look at that section aswell at some point , but with the kit pictured you can adjust the slop out , makes a massive difference .

vw_mad said:
I would like to give one a go.
I know that the top hat section needs to be moved back into the position you showed me and the end pivot unit needs to be turned round 180 etc.
you have my pictures etc sent them last week.
Let me know .
Thanks Richard.

Will you be fitting it soon ?
Sounds like an idea .

Hi would hope to try and fit first weekend in march as of that weekend. Hopefully will not take to long to fit. Going to see if I can get a new pedal and hinge etc just to make sure all is good . And the moving of the top hat should not be to bad as I can see the weld marks from where it use to be fitted. So hopefully fixing it back to that position should be easy. The only thing I am unsure about is the pivot arm at the end of the rod. Would this be a case of removing the cable and just rotating by 180 and fixing cable back etc.

vw_mad said:
Hi would hope to try and fit first weekend in march as of that weekend. Hopefully will not take to long to fit. Going to see if I can get a new pedal and hinge etc just to make sure all is good . And the moving of the top hat should not be to bad as I can see the weld marks from where it use to be fitted. So hopefully fixing it back to that position should be easy. The only thing I am unsure about is the pivot arm at the end of the rod. Would this be a case of removing the cable and just rotating by 180 and fixing cable back etc.
Regarding the swivel end i think your right its just 180 degrees out .

Ok great
Let me know what's next I can send over some money etc.
Let me know thanks.
Richard.

vw_mad said:
Ok great
Let me know what's next I can send over some money etc.
Let me know thanks.
Richard.
Im waiting on the long rods to come in , have been promised them very soon , then go from there .

Posting several out tomorrow cheers guys . Will be at dubfreeze if anyone fancies picking one up , but only there till 1pm as its a long drive back for me . And it will probably be cold ..... :roll:

This may seem a silly question but I've just gone to fit mine and can't see how my throttle cable connects to it?? The ones I've looked at fitted online all have a circular crimp on the end, mines just got bent end??
Can anyone help please??

Thanks

Very interested in RHD kit, mines a complete mess.

Do you have a table at dubfreeze?.. hope to see you there
Will

Latest posts