• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay LHD Throttle kits ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All kits bought today got posted today but only just . Coming at you on a first class signed for service so chances are with you tomorrow or Saturday latest . As to rhd kits will answer later when at a laptop as my phone is a tad small to work out if it will fit etc .... cheers guys ..

Hopefully it should help people with fitting it .... Just been sent a pdf version from James Peene , it certainly wont hurt sales im sure .. Good job i have knocked up about 100 kits then ....

butty said:
Hopefully it should help people with fitting it .... Just been sent a pdf version from James Peene , it certainly wont hurt sales im sure .. Good job i have knocked up about 100 kits then ....

I have one already, very very good bit of kit.

:smile:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

butty said:
All kits bought today got posted today but only just . Coming at you on a first class signed for service so chances are with you tomorrow or Saturday latest . As to rhd kits will answer later when at a laptop as my phone is a tad small to work out if it will fit etc .... cheers guys ..

If you can see from my pics, that I pm'd you, if your rhd kit will work that would be great. If it will work, I'll get one off you soon as you have em ready :D

Bit of a long shot but has anyone got a late lhd bay ? im after the accelerator pedal lever , (bit that im replacing on early bays but for a late one ? ) Nobody stocks them anywhere and im now getting requests to do a kit for them .....
RHD Parts came in late yesterday so been a bit busy bunging various kits together , if anyone has any low mileage umpa loompas they no longer need please pm me ....
Im going to be at Stonor next weekend so come over and see me ....

picked mine up saturday and fitted today butty...........one question.

with it all fitted there is some play on the pedal.
when you press the pedal there is about 5-10mm orso play before you feel the cable take the pinch.
i got underneath and could see there is travel when the pedal goes down before the new linkage starts to pull the cable if understand what i am trying to get at.

is this normal??

the pedal stands nice and tight now and the bigger spring shuts off the throttle linkage(carb end) nice and quickly.

regards.

sharky.

:sick0019:

Good to meet you at Stonor today Butty. Should get time to fit the RHD kit I picked up from you in the next couple of days and I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm sure it will be the dogs proverbials 8)

Ok i dont need a full on email overload , i now have many many many photos of rhd early bay setups and have pretty much given up on making 1 kit fits all , so im offering a rhd kit if you send me photos of your kit as it is now , needs to be a shot from underneath the pivot and hole in the floor , then im able to gauge what may or may not need doing to the stock kit i have here , hope that makes sense , and be patient as each kit is built by me ......
Kits are £65 delivered and thats with the genuine floor rubber .
As i say patience is required , and its only being offered on here at the mo .....
Do me a favour aswell bung up a few photos if you like the rhd kits .
Kit is the rod from pedal down to the new swivel section , then a long rod with 2 rose joints this rod has extra thread on each end so allows for making shorter or longer , so there are a few bits you will need to do to this reference setting up , its a common sense kind of thing , and if your not 100% happy with it just bag it up and bung it back for a refund minus postage , success rate so far is very good ....
So if you want one starting taking decent photos for me , when photos come through i will get on it so could be a few days till posted out , better your photos are the better chance kit will go straight on .....
SO FROM BELOW LOOKING UP (photos wise)
Also if anyone can bung me a return spring i will get a load ordered up , or i need the outside diameter of spring and wire thickness also the overall length would be good , as i know many of the original springs have broken over the years ....
Alot to take in but there it is guys and girls .....

Alright Butty, I am the fat bald fella that has been harassing you all year.
Let me know when my kit is ready please.
Thanks Bob :D

Would love it for my RHD '69 Bay - I'll post up some pics as mine has been "modified" in the past to work better with my Berg linkage!

Matt_B said:
Would love it for my RHD '69 Bay - I'll post up some pics as mine has been "modified" in the past to work better with my Berg linkage!
Hi Matt , need a photo of the underside of the floor showing the mount and the hole in the floor , cheers ...
This is bobbyt s and exactly what im after ....
20130713_205605-1.jpg

I have just had some rhd earlbay return springs turn up so will get them fitted up asap , also i now have dimensions for doing all the parts associated with the throttle kit on rhd buses , so should have complete front end kits in stock in about a months time , but will involve a bit more effort to fit , but once in should give an amazing pedal feeling and return action . Will be like the rhd split kit i sell , double bearings for the crosshaft and taller ends to give that bit more cable pull if you need more that is ...

Latest posts