• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay "Sunshine" bus.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marvin

Reaction score
Due to lack of use through new job, I am considering parting with my "Sunshine" bus.

Featured in the June issue of Volksworld Camper and Bus.
marvin1.jpg

Period features abound and has been tastefully restyled with a subtle (;)) lowering job, and a nice interior. A perfect Party bus that sleeps 3 easily with scope to extend. The interior consists of original basket weave front cabin fittings with a complementary modern feel to the rear utilising devon style overhead storage space. The feeling of practicality is added to bythe use of a modern raised floor with lager friendly tiles in a complimentary hue.

The original motivation for the Bus is still intact, and although nearly 40 years old it still well enough to cover the miles when required. The sunshine bus suffers from no rustworm and is therefore sold in a solid condition, she also benefits from some genuine patina which adds character and mystery.

The front suspension has been treated to a 4" narrow Bus station beam and now sits considerably closer to the floor that VW intended, giving rise to a harsh, but fair ride. The rear has been fettled by 2 splines to provide the perfect stance. She now sits on a set of detailed empi-5s in a tasteful chrome finish, that make the burners pictured above look like a dogs dinner.

There are a number of exterior accoutrements which are included in the sale, sadly however the rack is not one of these as it will progress to the next project unless the sale price is acceptable then i may be persuaded to part with it.

Any interest should first be directed to [email protected] where I will be only too pleased to answer any questions or provide photographs/scans of feature.

For the priviledge of owning the sunshine bus, I will be asking for offers in the region of £9995. I am interested in possibly moving on to a split panel for my next project so will entertain offers that would include a swap, but sadly not cash from my direction.

I would like to add that I may change my mind at any given moment, so make hay while you can.....

I know, heavy heart, but she's not being used and needs to be used...to good to be couped up in a garage.

Need to reassess my needs.

julesvw said:
This beauty still for sale?? :)

Certainly is....reluctantly.

To someone who will use her...

I'm on hols from 25th-3 July, with 2 interested but nothing concrete.

Dude! Having problems getting the cash together. Current Camper needs quite a bit done to get it up to scratch for MOT and it's not going to happen for a while, gutted! Got someone interested in the Mini for cash, but until I get camper sorted, mini is my only get-around. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Good luck with the sale, whoever gets this bus will be very very lucky. :!:

^^^
Jules (Well nice guy) found something else, but I know it must be real nice as he wasn't far away from owning this delight!!

still available, not "For Sale" as such as I'm not pushing her. I'm just not using her so fancy a move into a longer term ride/obsession.

Willing to discuss various options, but still fair price for a totally unmolested,never welded OG bay.

If you're in the market, you've gotta see her...you owe yourself.

regards

Si

Latest posts