EarlyBay Display - Dubs in the Park

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just glad to have been a part of the lineup, its funny the green thing went & parked next to veedunks van & it just looked so out of place. Everything right about one, the other just a joke!
Clem, i just love your van. Anyway, thanks again to slammedkustom, sorry you got so wet dude. We got home in the warmth of the recovery truck & the van hopefully back on the road for RTTS. :roll:

glad you got home ok, did you wait long for the recovery truck?

i wont make stonor as ill be on a olane heading back from cali! :D

True to there word, in the hour. Lisa made him turn the heater up on full!
Would that plane be a tornado?? :lol:

Sad to say but i think all this slagging off of someone elses bus is all wrong. :cry:
No doubt we all have our own ideas of what our ideal bus is, the way we want it etc.....including modifying, paint jobs, wheels blah blah, whether its standard or not.
I for one drive my bus and care none what others think.

Im not having a go.....just reading this thread has got me thinking that any new potential members might be put off as it sounds a little clicky.

Would be a shame for this forum to end up like some i have seen (eg fastford chav forums).
Ive a mate who goes on performance ford forum - and you wouldnt believe the slagging offs that goes on.....my cars faster than your one etc........

I say.....each to their own.....

If someone's being a dick.....well thats a different matter.

MD 8)

maddog said:
Sad to say but i think all this slagging off of someone elses bus is all wrong. :cry:
No doubt we all have our own ideas of what our ideal bus is, the way we want it etc.....including modifying, paint jobs, wheels blah blah, whether its standard or not.

Im not having a go.....just reading this thread has got me thinking that any new potential members might be put off as it sounds a little clicky.

Would be a shame for this forum to end up like some i have seen (eg fastford chav forums).
Ive a mate who goes on performance ford forum - and you wouldnt believe the slagging offs that goes on.....my cars faster than your one etc........

MD 8)

Yeah, good call. I think he's getting the hard time for the way he barged into the area and the subsequent behaviour. His van, he can do with it as he pleases, youre right. :)

That said ;) If you 'show' your van .... he does, its been mag featured etc .... are you not offering it up for judgement and critique? Just a thought. 8)

well said MD and Clem......I echo all your comments.

we all have our opinions and we live in a democratic society so have a right to air them but.....

......forums are a very public environment, the one thing I love more than anything else about the VW scene is the diversity and friendliness of it as a whole......so we all (me included) need to be mindful of that when posting and not (unintentionally) damage that reputation.....earlybay.com is very new and we surely want to encourage all new members?

PM's or private conversations outside the forum are one thing, and obviously occur as with all things in life. I'm sure no-one on here is intent on getting personal against one individual or his/her van, but clearly cages were rattled on Sunday! (more it would seem for attitude rather than the colour or spec of his bus???)

As I said in a previous post, it's his van and if he want's to drive around in it all day, then that's his choice..........fair play. It is after all another VW on the road as opposed to being on a scrap heap....

but hey, lets all take a chill pill and look forward to the next show.... 8) 8)

each to his own n all but you had to be there really.
its hard to chat to your neighbouring earlybayer while being deaf'nd! :shock:
the rain didnt help either as we all tried to stay dry in the vans.

BUT!

we did win a prize (or 2) so hoorah for earlybay

maddog said:

MD 8)

well said that man...you boys are worse than the women

you can all go stand in the corner with your hands on your head and think about what youve done :lol:

congrats to EB and Paul for the wins..nice one! 8)

Latest posts