Elvis - My 69 Delta Green Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice van, love the colour.

I have to do my seats as well, I have the new basket weave covers and pads etc, but one place wanted £80 a seat to re-cover them!
I'm going to do it myself. Did you use wire in the covers to attach to the seat frame. Couldn't you just pad out the problem seat cover a bit more?

mike202 said:
Nice van, love the colour.

I have to do my seats as well, I have the new basket weave covers and pads etc, but one place wanted £80 a seat to re-cover them!
I'm going to do it myself. Did you use wire in the covers to attach to the seat frame. Couldn't you just pad out the problem seat cover a bit more?

Cheers Mike,

We didn't use wire in the covers, we were lucky as all of the OG 'spikes' were in mint condition, we simply removed the old covers and straightened the 'spikes' ready for the installation. Then we just heated the covers up on the radiators first and two of us carefully stretched them over and into position. Hooked them over the 'spikes' and once happy the cover looked correct, bent over the 'spikes'

Took a few trial runs but by the end we were pro's. Can't see how someone could charge £80 per seat???

And yes I could just pad out the problem seat cover but that's not really the idea of buying correct fit products?? Just seems a shame it was the only cover that didn't fit :(

Good luck with your seats.

So the rear is ready and I've decided to go for flashband to start with.

Just need the weather to warm up a bit as it's a bit too cold on a night. Will try and get some done at the weekend me thinks.

Hi!

Great looking bus, love the colour! When i did my sound deadening, i used screwfix flashband, a small wooden roller to get it into the nooks and crannies, and was much easier when using a hot air heat gun to warm it up for a few seconds, it makes it super sticky and bonds to anything

I did all under the bed and arches, and all the insides of every panel i could get to, though didn't do the engine area bit behind the bed, wanted to keep this area looking stock, but now quite fancy a wooden covering with deadening underneath....

Cheers,

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi!

Great looking bus, love the colour! When i did my sound deadening, i used screwfix flashband, a small wooden roller to get it into the nooks and crannies, and was much easier when using a hot air heat gun to warm it up for a few seconds, it makes it super sticky and bonds to anything

I did all under the bed and arches, and all the insides of every panel i could get to, though didn't do the engine area bit behind the bed, wanted to keep this area looking stock, but now quite fancy a wooden covering with deadening underneath....

Cheers,

Alistair

I need to get this sorted on mine aswell.

You don't have photos by any chance?

Walt said:
aogrady said:
Hi!

Cheers,

Alistair

I need to get this sorted on mine aswell.

You don't have photos by any chance?

Heres a link to another thread but it shows the flashband installed.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56690&hilit=+sound+proofing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well as it was a nice warm sunny day up north I cracked on with the flashband

Pleased with the results :D

Not sure what to do on the main floor area as the ridges are closer together and the flashband will be a right pain to fit . I've already got sore fingers :shock:

So, I decided to do the cargo floor aswell

Turned out well even though it was baltic outside

And I had to buy a third roll so I've got some left to so the side panels :D

All ready for the z bed hinges next

Well as the weather is shit and the wifey is away, I spent last night with these ladeez. Tidy

Managed to get four panels recovered before the glue started to make me high :lol:

Starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere now like.

Not done much recently as been waiting for my new engine but trial fitted some panels for inspiration

[/url=http://s62.photobucket.com/user/SargeantMillar/media/Elvis%2069%20Deluxe/IMAG0293_zps3ygvr2w6.jpg.html]
IMAG0293_zps3ygvr2w6.jpg
[/url]

But........

Need to remove them again as I forgot to waxoil the cavities....!

Ickle bit of progress.

Engine in and running :D :D :D :D

Front drum brake locked on :( :( :( :(

Bit of work to get him back on the road for the club meet :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

But managed to get the Z Bed hinges and rear seat in and fitted 8) 8) 8) 8)

Trial fitting

Close up. Crackin fit like. Pre formed to fit around the arches, etc.

Bolted in

Rubber floor mat trimmed and fitted

Trial bouncing

Reasonably pleased with them. Need to tweak the back rest and provide some sort of back rest support. Also will need to modify the seat belt position.

Managed to 'slip' with the drill driver and pierce a hole straight through my new covers during the process though. :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

All ready for the middle seat to go back in and be adjusted / modified so we can still use it with the Z bed.

Also managed to fit the tow bar. But more on that later when I take the pics.

Just spotted this thread and liking the van and the work you have done :mrgreen:

Got the tow bar finally fitted tonight. Had to take the bumper of the brackets to allow it to all fit together

Pic of it loosely fitted before the bumper. I was worried about it all fitting around my aftermarket exhaust but it fits like a glove. No trimming required.

Bumper fitted.

The hitch is removable so you don't bang yer ankles when not towing.

Bit more done today.

Free'd off the front wheel. Looks like I've got a leaky wheel cylinder that will need replacing soon.

Also managed to get the bulkhead panels fitted

Then sorted the backrest supports for the rear seat so decided to fit the seat belts.

Temporarily refitted the panel opposite the sliding door as we need to work out the correct position for the material before we recover them.

awesome van buddy keep up the hard work, i used flash band in my doors etc and the difference with just closing them is brilliant

lil_azza said:
awesome van buddy keep up the hard work, i used flash band in my doors etc and the difference with just closing them is brilliant
gninnam said:
Nice job with the panels and towbar 8)

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.

Nearly put it up for sale last week :shock: as had engine troubles again :evil: . All sorted now like so went for a mini cruise at sundown last night. Mint 8)

Looking forward to a BH weekend away in the bus

Ace work on that interior keep up the grand work, it will look amazing when its finished. :mrgreen:

Latest posts